You can type here any text you want

Cars w/A/C, XFI install pics??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

FastRegalWE2

Wish I had another Buick!
Where are the guys with A/C mounting the XFI box and routing the wires. I didnt like the way I had my old FAST installed/wired....
TIA

I put casper's bob where stock ecm was and mounted fast on kick plate, so I could see lights. Left map sensor behind glove box. Ran O2 wires through rubber plug where wires go out to ac or blower motor. Cannot miss it, it is behind the glovebox. Pull out clip, run wires and push cli[p back in!

Later
Rich

what does the casper unit do? I looked it up on the site but I really dont know what they are saying it does

it doesn't come with one from FAST. Nearly every vendor includes one in their XFI "packages".

I will not "need" the $250 Caspers box, but I will need a p-n-p harness if there isnt one with what I bought...:confused:

FastRegal,
When you said plug-n-play, I assumed that you were referring to using the XFI with the factory engine wiring harness...If so, then you'll need the Casper's adapter.

FAST does have a Buick V6 specific wiring harness for their XFI that will replace your engine wiring harness. You may prefer going that route.
Kevin

ok, so Im confused, then
what would come with the XFI package that was mentioned? Mold fast had an adapter the plugged into the stock harness. Oh well, I will just see whats in the box when it gets here.
Thanks for the replies

My box came with a map sensor and a O2 sensor. Bung for O2 was seperate and so was Casper's adapter box. If you bought it from a TB vendor chances are, it was included in package.As previously stated by Highpsi.
That's the beautiful thing about the TB community...they know what you need even before you do !!

Good luck and later

Rich

ok, so Im confused, then
what would come with the XFI package that was mentioned? Mold fast had an adapter the plugged into the stock harness. Oh well, I will just see whats in the box when it gets here.
Thanks for the replies

If you ordered the XFI package from a dealer, it probably came with the adapter harness. Who did you order the package from?

If you ordered the XFI package from a dealer, it probably came with the adapter harness. Who did you order the package from?

Jack Cotton, I know what a jumper harness is for, I had one on the old FAST. What I dont understand is what the Caspers BOX is/does

The Casper's box is just a convenient way to package the adapter. It has a couple of LEDs, just so you know that your getting voltage to the adapter. I've used a few of them, they are nice pieces.
Kevin

I called Jack, he said the Caspers box is included in the package. I wasnt sure cause of the pic on his page, he said he's gotta get a better pic up there :biggrin:

His support is def top notch. I bought my old FAST from my engine builder but got the WB02 from Jack, and he still did the tech stuff with me over the phone. Of course, thas also where 90% of my engine parts came from too :D

Back