CAS V-4 or ATR 19 row intercooler?

S

speedy1320

Ok, please "chime" in if you have either of these on your GN. They are about the same cost, about the same alledged performance.....but I want some opinons..

Whose unit fits easier without modifications?

What's the word on whose is better for performance?

This is a street driven car, and I really do not want a Front Mount....so this is the next logical step.

THanks!

Tom

87 We-4
It GOES !:D :D

The V4 uses new core technology from what I've heard and it's a 21 row intercooler compared to the ATR unit which uses the old core technology and is 19 rows. The only down fall to the CAS V4 is getting one from Tony DeQuick cause his products are in such high demand that it usually takes about 3 weeks to get one. As far as the install goes it should be fairly simple with either and both will give you great performance so pick one and go racing. BTW, check out www.chargedair.com for more info on the CAS V4.

Also to answer your question ATR claims 2 tenths and 2 mph can be had with their 19 row stretch stock location intercooler and CAS claims 3 tenths and 3 mph with the V4, so the CAS does perform better with the new core technology and couple more rows. Hope that helps:)

Thanks guys!

Hey thanks, that's good information! I already knew about the wait for the CAS system.....seems everybody is "dealing" with the wait. I am not aware of the "new technology" you are mentioning with CAS vs. the ATR.....please explain...

thanks,

tom;)

The V4 and the ATR 19 row is the same, its made from CAS is what I was told from them. Even they have a 3 week waiting list.

Thanks for the info TurboV6

I wasn't aware that ATR sold the V4, but they did move up from 19 rows to 21 according to the CAS website. If you go the CAS website and check out the intercooler selection guide Tony talks about the newer cores being made and how they had to move the V4 up from 19 rows to 21 and how the V4R went from being a 24 row intercooler to a 27, but I guess it isn't that big of a deal cause they say they found no noticeable performance gains from adding a couple more rows.

No Problem

But you should ask them about their stock location IC to be SHURE. I had to get it out of them since I buy alot of products from them, I told them I was interested in purchasing their stock location IC (19 row) and if it were from CAS (picture look like the one from CAR) I would purchase one from them and they kinda did'nt wanted to tell me but I had to get it out of them. They don't make their own IC, they purchase IC's from Charged Air and Action Fab.