CAS4V Installation Guide

SwingOp3

Started installing my CAS4V intercooler and have encountered some "head-scratching" moments. Was wondering if anyone had an install guide still laying around?

whats your issue
its very similar install to the precision or gbody SLIC so instructs for that should also work well
driver side uses stock i/c bracket (i like to slot the hole up and down to allow for more adjustment )

hopefully you have the right standoffs , spacer , passenger bracket and bolts

the lower pass mount requires the OE studded bolt at the block (its m8x1.25 on the stud end and std into the block ), screw the long standoff on to that stud end .(keep in mind the metric threaded end goes to the stud , the other end of stand off i believe is standard thread )
for the upper passenger mount location you need to drain the antifreeze then remove the long oe bolt from the waterpump (more antifreeze will pour out so have a bucket ready) . install the new longer bolt with washer pushed through the upper bracket hole , then put short spacer on the bolt (or use washers about 1/2" total) , put thread sealer on the threads and then install into the pump. dont tighten yet
** if you prepare the new long bolt and bracket beforehand and move quick you can swap the bolts out quickly and avoid the whole draining the antifreeze step with only a little bit of fluid loss**

install the short bolt and washer into the lower mounting hole (leave loose )

install the intercooler with hoses and bolt in the driver side with all clamps loose line up it as best you can , you may need to clock the turbo compressor cover up or down
now install the short bolts with washers through the pass side bracket into the I/C oinstall the i/c shroud upper and check for sway bar clearance ( trim more if needed ) , install the lower scoop
if it looks good and clears everywhere tighten all the bolts

Do you have the bolt extension for the bottom of the timing cover to the bracket mount? The top of the bracket is held in with one of the water pump bolts. The factory intercooler mount on the driver side can be reused just like the stocker. Once the bracket is securely in place, I get the turbo to intercooler hose on first, but not clamped, then loosely screw in the intercooler bolts so there is movement since they aren't exact fit. Then get the up pipe on loosely and once its all aligned, tighten everything up. Then I fit the scoop from underneath the car up into place.

whats your issue

hopefully you have the right standoffs , spacer , passenger bracket and bolts.

install the new longer bolt with washer pushed through the upper bracket hole , then put short spacer on the bolt (or use washers about 1/2" total) , put thread sealer on the threads and then install into the pump.

That's my issue right there! - I didn't get the longer bolt for the water pump.

Well, I guess, I was going to the parts store anyway for thread sealer. Something tells me this longer bolt won't be easy to find.

Thanks for the info.

That's my issue right there! - I didn't get the longer bolt for the water pump.

Well, I guess, I was going to the parts store anyway for thread sealer. Something tells me this longer bolt won't be easy to find.

Thanks for the info.

I've also tried to install my V4 and it didn't line up right. I thought my turbo outlet was too long or something. Turns out I'm missing this bolt as well! Let me know if you find one, please. :smile:

I've also tried to install my V4 and it didn't line up right. I thought my turbo outlet was too long or something. Turns out I'm missing this bolt as well! Let me know if you find one, please. :smile:

As it turned out the bolt was easy to find since it's a basic 5/16" bolt. I went with a 5" long one and a washer. I did have to clock the turbo slightly to get the hose to line up.