Caspers thumb wheel

extranjeo

Is a Caspers thumb wheel this considered old technology or are there guys that frequently run them? Is there anything better to run?

Caspers thumbwheel was first offered in 1988, and was one of the very first performance chips produced and the only one with eight settings. Three major revisions have been applied to it over the years, but it's early technology by comparison, and hasn't been modified since around 2004 (except for "custom" programs which are still available). The settings allow you to increase boost, fuel and timing incrementally by selecting a higher number on the thumbwheel switch, and also selecting an anti-start setting by setting the switch.

The TT chip has much more programming technology incorporated into it and is considered current-day programming. The TT chip is a single chip, not a multi-chip, so making on-the-fly adjustments is not possible, as opposed to the thumbwheel chip.

The MAX EFFORT thumbwheel system was supplied by Caspers and programmed by ME, most of which were 16 position chips instead of 8.

Ideally, you would have TT program eight chips for you and incorporate the programs into a single Ultrachip thumbwheel system. Then you can select any one of the eight programs anytime, even while driving the vehicle.

Thank you very much for the information. I did check out TT and the website. What is the most current chip? I see the 5.7 and the 6.1 wideband set up. My goals are to keep the stock turbo, run 19-21 pounds of boost on the street/ strip (if possible). As you can see I am new to this stuff but I keep reading and posting so every bit of info helps tremendously.