Cat-Back systems?????

8TurboT7

Team Legion
Hey guys I'm looking for a cat-back system. Do you guys have any recommendationon a good performing and sounding cat-back

Hi,
You are gonna have a hard time beating the Hooker system for functionality.They fit very good, and the mufflers I was supplied with are very mellow in tone.The whole system is 2.5 front to back,and I could look through the mufflers, so we are not looking at a lot of baffling there.
Oh, and the tailpipes are stock location, with the bevel at the end of the pipe, so they look stock. Check the Hooker website out.

Cottons 2 1/2 Stainless.

Great fit, just like stock but the entire system is stainless (including the magnaflow mufflers). My car is dead quiet the way I like it. I insisited on stainless cuz I dont want to buy another exhaust later down the road.

I agree with stainless especially in salt air from the Bay Area.

Mine is 18 years old on the WE4, Kenne Bell duals in stainless, only had to replace the Super Turbo mufflers with stainless Ultraflows in its' entire life.

Daily driver.

Oh yeah one welded hanger on the tailpipe rusted away, it wasn't stainless, so make sure all the supporting hardware in a stainless system is also stainless. :)

Worth the money if you are in it for the long haul. :cool:

Go stainless for quality, and use Magnaflow mufflers for performance and sound. I've used all the above mentioned with great success.

K.

** Does anyone have a Link to Cottons for the Stainless Exhaust

Hi,
I found the link, but does anyone have any photos of the 2.5" SS system on a car?? Also, what are they talking about "If using the stock trans located hanger, mild mods to the hanger may be necessary."? Can any explain in more detail??

Is this pretty much the same as the old ATR 2.5 system??

Go stainless steel and polish the tailpipes.If you have a bench grinder you can buy a kit from eastwood company and polish them yourself like I did.I think the polished tailpipes look better.I have the 2.5" atr with pitbulls.

Eric