Cat Bypass pipe,Subframes

Razor

Forum tech Advisor
Staff member
Looking for suggestions on a cat bypass pipe.A ton of companies make them and could use the knowledge of the board on this issue.I've been reading a lot of stuff (bad pr) about ATR.

And for subframes.Bolt on ,bolt on welded,fully welded on and what company fits the best?

Just looking for something that bolts in with little modification,hopefully.

Thanks

J.

Originally posted by Razor
Looking for suggestions on a cat bypass pipe.A ton of companies make them and could use the knowledge of the board on this issue.I've been reading a lot of stuff (bad pr) about ATR.

And for subframes.Bolt on ,bolt on welded,fully welded on and what company fits the best?

Just looking for something that bolts in with little modification,hopefully.

Thanks

J.

as 4 the subframes i like the southside machine set up its a weld in kit have a good welder put it in 4 you and u will be happy as 4 a cat eliminater pipe any exhaust shop should be able to make it 4 u but they wont install it bring them your cat and they will make it from that

george

Benson Racing &fabercation

I like the SSM bars myself and have a set in my car.I also have an extra set,brand new in the box for sale if your interested.

Steve

I too have the South Sides, and love em.

They do a very good job of stiffening the car up, and trust me when I say there wont be ANY flexing these bars if they are installed properly.

Originally posted by TTA850
I like the SSM bars myself and have a set in my car.I also have an extra set,brand new in the box for sale if your interested.

Steve
What are you looking to get for these? Will they fit with a THDP? and 3" exhaust?

u will need to modify the last 1 and a half of the pass bar u will need to cut a 45 on it and make it a triangle the rest of the way
george

TTA850.....you have mail.I'll take them.Call me at number I sent you tomorrow.

Julio

FWIW,I just did the install of the THDP and the ssm frame cons and the mod we did was to cut a couple of inches off of the THDP where its seemed at the bottom before the flex pipe and it effectively gave extra clearance by bringing the final outward bend closer to the engine so the SSM cons could be installed unmolested to retain their stregnth.

I felt cutting and 45 degreeing the SSM would weaken them.And these cars need all the help they can get.

Julio