Cat

pkschul

What's the best catalytic converter I can get for a stock exhaust?
Car is pretty much stock. I want high flow, but also want it to be effective for emissions. Is one picked up from my local Advance Auto parts as good as any? I'm only interested in new. Thanks.

The best cat for emissions is a factory unit. The factory unit has a higher content of precious metals (than the aftermarkets), platinum and palladium. That's the reason the factory cat is so much more expensive than the aftermarket. You'll get better performance from an aftermarket high flow cat. I prefer the ATR unit, because it has a flange that will connect to the factory y-pipe. But if you have a Terry Houston downpipe, the ATR cat (and piping) is too long. Some guys are using RandomTech cats. But what ever you do, don't let a muffler shop remove the factory flanges and replace it with pipe (een ther done that). Because when you go to put on an aftermarket downpip and their cat is slip fit with a y-pipe flange, you'll be doing some searching.

I looked at the aggressive website, and while they do sell ATR exhaust, I could not find catalytic converters in their catalog. I tried emailing them probably two weeks ago and am still waiting for a response. Any other sources? Thanks.

I tried to refer you to a vendor. So here are your other options. If you use a vendor, you may contact Cottons performance, or Ramchargers. The other choice is to contact Applied Technologies and they have a replacement TWC, with a flange and will reduce to the factory DP. ATRs telephone number is 864-972-3800. Postons also sells a replacement TWC.