You can type here any text you want

CD / MP3 Head unit

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HOTSIX

Ran outta hand cleaner
I'm buying a new CD / MP3 head unit for my ride.

I've always been an ALPINE fan...but JEEZ they want a lotta cash for an MP3 unit.

A deck that plays MP3 files is a must for this purchase.

I was looking at the SONY CDX-MP30 player...it seems to be decent with a CD text (shows file U R playing...) feature.

http://sm.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S-BGmsywqPPKs/ProdView.asp?s=45&c=3&g=62700&I=158CDXMP30&o=m&a=0

249.00 USD - not bad

I am partial to Alpine, Rockford Fosgate and Sony - in that order.

Anyone have any input here ? Any suggestions...?

I would say go for the pioneer 7300. It plays mp3's, has the organic display, comes with a remote and is decently priced. i paid 279 when it first came out. You also have sound tweak options built in the radio.

make sure it also play CDR-W so once you are tired of the music you can record over it if you have a pc with a cd recorder

Guys - I bought the RFX-9110 by Rockford Fosgate.

The entire case is made of copper and it plays CDR and CDRW plus MP3's. Its an excellent deck and comes with a remote....40w X 40W power. Removable face and its not too funky looking on the display...not really into that flashy display fad thats going around....

Looks pretty contemporary...matches the dash well...silver trim and PWR antenna hookup too.....

Back