You can type here any text you want

CD radio

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gnxtc2

Staff member
Not TR related but need a recommendation on a single din CD player for my old body style Ford P/U.

Right now I have a Pioneer in but I need to pick up a radio station at FM 87.7 but it only goes to 87.9 :mad:

Any recommendations. Nothing fancy, just the basics, radio, CD, clock

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I bought an Alpine for my 240 about 2 months ago. Sound quality is excellent compared to the old Alpine that was in there before. Plus it is Ipod capatable. Its not the full DIN size but I'm sure you can find one for less than an arm and leg. Take a ride to best buy or go to crutchfield.com.

I was looking to into buying this one:

Alpine CDA-9886

Billy T.
gnxtc2@com

If you aren't running any amps or anything, then a 4v preout isnt necessary. The alpine 9886 has that and has all those ipod connections etc. Those go for i think $299 at bestbuy which is quite a bit. I'd look into lower models like 9872 or 9874. They are all good, but I'm not a big fan of alpine's display on the models below the 9886 . The newer pioneers are really good also and prices are soft. Look into the pioneer 5000ub (it has all the features of the alpine) and has a good display.

Back