You can type here any text you want

Center support...no, not conservative or liberal

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ChrisCairns

So on my year and a half project of a spare tranny rebuild I just installed the center support. Went in with difficulty, (Read had to use the BFH) and now find I must remove it, since I have extra parts left over. I think if I do this enough times I'll have enough parts left over to build another complete transmission and a spare rocket ship. However I would really like to complete this first one before I think 743 years ahead to rocket building.

Anyway, the center support wont come back out. I've tried prying on the almost-nothing-to-pry-on pieces, tapping the case with it upside down and yelling at it, just plain yelling at it, and even having sex with it while yelling and prying. (Don't tell anyone the last part.)

So what's the professional secret innermost how-to-get-it-out once it's gone in hard???

Thankee.....

Grab The Inside Diameter Of The Support Where The Od Piston Return Spring Assembly Goes In And Pull It Up Towards The Bell.at The Same Time Tap The Bellhosing Mounting Flange Til It Comes Out

Grab The Inside Diameter Of The Support Where The Od Piston Return Spring Assembly Goes In And Pull It Up Towards The Bell.at The Same Time Tap The Bellhosing Mounting Flange Til It Comes Out

I appreciate the help ..... however can you please put the above into English? I'm not a tranny builder so I don't have a single clue as to what the above means.

Does the

"Grab The Inside Diameter Of The Support Where The Od Piston Return Spring Assembly Goes In And Pull It Up Towards The Bell"

mean the hole in the center of the center support? If you do mean the inside hole, how do I "grab it?" Is there a special tool?

I do understand tapping the housing part....by now I'm really good at that.

Thanks again.

Do you have any kind of tech manual on this transmission?

I'm following a video. And when it came to the part about sticking in the center support it simply said to stick the damn thing in and that it'll only go in one way. Apparently I stuck it in the other not possible way since it's stuck permanently in place at the moment. Mind you it did go in enough that I was able to put the retaining ring in place.

But as I said, I have a few parts left over so I thought I should try to find out where they go by taking it apart again...lol.

I'm getting really good at this tranny stuff. I may start to do them professionally as long as the buyer doesn't actually expect them to work.

no i mean the od of the snap ring groove ,its about 4 inches in diameter.also the direct drum may be coming out with the support causing extra effort and weight.

Back