CHAMPION-horrible company

karolko

I want to make this perfectly clear, Champion makes good products. BUT Tom's service is the worst I have ever seen.
On more than one occasion he has promised to send a product out to me, and I receive it 3-4 weeks behind his promised shipping date.

This last one takes the cake and I am now officially voicing my concerns and thoughts online....I just don't care anymore.

Tom screwed up an order I made with him, I called him, rekindled our conversation from before, and he then told me that he would ship out the replacement part the next day.(as he always does)

It's been 2 months and I have yet to see the part...

The best part is that he will not answer my phone calls or emails.

Officially I will never buy anything from Tom again. He has lost my business and I encourage you all to look elsewhere when thinking about using him.

Tom needs to learn that customer service is just as important as a good product!

Adrian

He's in the middle of moving his shop to a new facility. I hope you're right cuz am heading to his shop in July to pick up a race intake and other parts. Text me with your #. Maybe when am there I can see if I can get you your parts

I'm still waiting on head studs from october... it was like this before he was moving. My engine builder had to call him countless times for studs and roller rockers. Took forever. He sent the wrong ones gn1 rockers which are worth close to 1000 dollars. Only then he shipped out theright ones and fast to get the oothers back

I learned a long time ago that studs are not Champions thing. That doesnt mean its a horrible company tho. He doesnt cater to just turbo buicks, so be glad you have this little company as an option because in the near future, there wont be as many race part suppliers as people will be restoring these cars and not racing so much.

Tom is a great guy, I went and toured his shop back in 2006 when I was on business travel and I purchased a GN1 intake on that trip. He showed me his test car and shop, what a cool place. They are a small outfit, not Amazon.com, he makes kick ass parts and knows his stuff, he is not a dishonorable person. Its just the way it is, he trying like hell to keep up with a the racers he caters to, not just TB owners.

Mike

06 is almost 10 years ago. Alot can change over 10 years. how great of a guy can he be if h3 doesn't return calls or when ask for a refund doesn't refund it? I'm still out 100+ dollars. Swell guy he is

I had to wait 4 months to receive my ported irons...but that didn't really bother me as much as him telling me on 2 different occasions my heads were ready to ship when they weren't. And then when you try to call them to find out whats up they never answer the phone. And you can't leave message because their voicemail is full.

I'm sure Tom is a great guy and all, but not communicating and answering phone calls is a really shitty way to run a business. I don't care how small or how busy your business is. I can always call Razor or Full Throttle and they always answer their phone, and they are relatively small businesses as well and cater to other makes of cars. So whats Champion's excuse?

If I ever decide to get aluminum heads I'm going with TA Performance. Those guys are great to deal with and easy to get ahold of.