You can type here any text you want

champion iron heads

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Sure..you could put a cast crank and rods in it if you wanted, too. :) One of the nice benefits of the stage blocks is going to the 14 bolt heads; if you put 8 bolt iron heads on it it's not going to seal much better than a stock block. That may be fine, depending on your goals. The final point is of course the flow capacity of the iron heads; you will be limited there compared to a maxed set of GN1s, M&As, or whatever.

thanks for the info if i go this route i can start with the iron heads and then later upgrade i guess the rest of my combo will work with the excepttion of the cam

Red Armstrong uses ported iron heads on a 4.1 Stage block and he seems to run some good numbers. Very, very steathly. You can obviously do better with M&As or GN1s (or someday T/A's).

But if you want to upgrade as money allows, using iron heads might be a good way to go. Build the bottom end "right" with all the good parts, and change the bolt on items when you can afford it.

This strategy will work if you use Stock style (Non-Stage 2) heads. If your plans include S2 heads, you need to buy pistons(and lots of other expensive stuff) specific to the S2 heads to get the compression ratio correct.

DR

Back