You can type here any text you want

Check Engine Light????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

terik.m

I thought GNs are black
Whattup!!!

I have an 87 motor in my 85 ttype. I was having some charging system woes so i took of my caspers volt booster, hot wire kit, TPS-TEC B38T, and field fix kit returning it to stock. It has the Caspers Ultrachip v3.02 in the ecm. Other than that the car is stock. Yesterday my brother wanted to see my light em up in the driveway so I did. (got a great pic of that by the way) Afterwards everything was cool. I cruised around town a little bit today and everything was good then I get on the freeway and at WOT it pops thru the intake and the CEL comes on. :eek: My question is does the caspers chip need to have the hotwire kit connected to keep it from throwing a CEL? I know I know "get a scan master" its on the list believe me but I dont have the $$$ for it right now. Any suggestions will help . Does anyone have the instructions on how to jump the pins to retrieve codes and the code legend to read them?

Back