You can type here any text you want

Check out these pressures after rebuild

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

PaulRV6

How do these look? I took before and after rebuild readings. These are after, very consistent with the before readings but just higher. Max is at 1500 rpm full TV.

gear min max
park 112 250
rev 195 285
neut 113 256
Od 112 252
3rd 112 250
2nd 265 274
1st 262 275

The only real difference between before / after rebuild is the 2nd and 1st (both min and max) are quite abit higher. Same gage was used as before.
Thanks for the look.

paul

manual 1 and 2 are supposed to be lower than reverse pressure.although they dont change with tv pull there is enough to hold the frictions from slipping imo.however ive never seen reverse boost less than manual 1 or 2.strange but okay if it doesnt slip.the rest appear good and we dont usually drive for miles in r m1 or m2 so your ok.

Hey Chris, thanks for your input. Before the rebuild I had R@248 full TV and 225 2nd and 212 1st with full TV. Is this what you mean about being lower? What could be causing this difference? I havn't driven the car yet cause the weather so just doing some checking.
Any other input is much appreciated.

paul

trans experts

Is it enough for to pull it apart and check this out? Or is this just a hunch?

Any of the other trans experts have an opinion on this?

Just don't want to hurt anything if it might be a problem cause I spent too much time/money on this rebuild.

thanks, paul

Well

They look frickin awesome to me. I wouldn't touch them. You did damn good!!!!:p

Bruce
WE4
www.PTSXTREME.com

My low and second pressures are always higher than reverse. In reverse who cares? You do not need 260psi plus to back out of a driveway or parking spot and if you are power braking or building boost in reverse you need alot more help then a pressure change. Mental surgery comes to mind.LOL :D

Looks good to me, I would leave it alone.

Bruce
WE4

Back