You can type here any text you want

Check out this FMIC

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Evaddave 87gn

Always learning...
Got this off ebay for 299. Three inch in/out. Bar and Plate, 27 1/2 by 18 by 4 inchs. Anyone else using this? Are you happy with yours?
DAve

Attachments

• 100_1934.JPG
    100_1934.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 729
dave,
Does the top of intercooler mount to anything,
Are you going to keep copies of your patterns so as to possibly help anyone else?

Please keep us posted
FRED

I guess i can

The top mount too the two small sheet screws that hold the nose to core support. I made two small brackets on top, that go to those holes. Then I bent the bottom ones you see. I still have plenty of room for the Cross bars as well. I also intned to fabricate an all new air trap for the inside behind the grill, to route air to the rad. That way I can ensure that air is getting where I want it, and I can ditch all the rubber. I have to take it a part to paint brakets, I'll get some pics and make some measurements so all could benifit.

Dave :cool:

Its a new unit

I bought this off a company that makes these new on ebay. They sold thousands for all kinds of cars. Not any bad feedback. Or vewry litle.
DAve

that looks great, my dad and i have been looking at that exact intercooler. What piping are you going to go with? Looks good and post further pics when its done. I'm curious to see what kinda bends and stuff it will need.

intercooler

Looks good dave.I have seen them too on e-bay,i'm glad someone bought one to see how they work for the gns. Mike at full throttle speed has some pipes, they look nice.

ps--- you need those front brackets to take the weight of the front.

I have one......but it is still in the box! Had to come back to Germany dang it!

Do you still have the ebay link in case someonelse would like to get one?

I think all you have to do is type it out in your post and then it will become a link.

Have you put the grill back in, does eveything go back together with that thick core?

Grill

Grill fits Fine, I set it in place with the grill still attached. Then removed grill made brackets reinstalled grill and checked for clearances. Looks Good. 4.5 would fit as well But would be tight. I'll send pics with grill in soon. I have to paint Bracketcs and measure for my Air damn system I am Making.

Dave

Specification
Core Length: 18"
Core Height: 12"
Core Thickness: 4"
Inlet: 3"
Outlet: 3"
Compress Air Flow Rate: <500Cubic Feet/Min, Rated to 600-750 Max HP
Working Pressure: 25~35PSI
Presure Drop: 2~5psi@35psi; 0.2~0.5psi@15psi
Hot Air Temp: 0°~150°C
Material: 100% Aluminum
Design: Bar and Plate
Construction: Machine Cut and Stamped, Hand Welded
Finish: Polished
Netweight: ~15LB

These are the listed specs.
Dumb question. Looks like the flow rate is 500CFM
How does that work out to 600-750 hp? :confused:
Thought (in round numbers) it was 150CFM /100 HP

I am SURE it works, just trying to understand how to read IC specs.

150cfm may equal 100HP at atmospheric pressure. Then double the density of the air, and get 200HP at 15PSI. Same cfm, but the air is denser.
Triple the air density with 30PSI and get 300HP out of 150CFM. See?

Ahhhhh the magic of FI.

It's more about lbs of air per minute, not the volume.

turbo2nr said:
150cfm may equal 100HP at atmospheric pressure. Then double the density of the air, and get 200HP at 15PSI. Same cfm, but the air is denser.
Triple the air density with 30PSI and get 300HP out of 150CFM. See?
It's more about lbs of air per minute, not the volume.

Makes sense. All about grams/min. Sorry To hijack the thread. THANKS!

Back