You can type here any text you want

Check out this thread....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

postal

Peoples champ runner up
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=640866#post640866

If you read in this thread this gokada guy is saying he made a co2 sprayer for his intercooler. Says it can be done for $150 to $200. He said his car made an extra 75 hp on the dyno with it. Since There isnt a real stand out IC for our cars I thought maybe some one might find this post interesting. Sounds a hell of alot cheaper than the route I took :( .

Jason

You also have to remember that 75hp on the dyno will equal about 5hp on the street since you have much more air going through the intercooler on the street. How much CO2 did he use per dyno run? How many bottles would you need for a night at the track?

Not saying it won't work, since it obviously does. Just saying you probably aren't going to pick up 7 tenths at the track with that 75 hp on the dyno.

How long did he spray it for before the run?

Hehe good qustion, and I have no idea. I just thought I would post a link in the TTA section for guys who may be interested.

I have to admit I didnt think about the stuff you pointed out.

Jason

75 seems a lot too me..

dunno bout you..where is that little BS flag..

75hp really isn't that much on a heat soaked IC on a dyno with only a fan blowing hot air through it. Therefore if you cool it down for a while with the CO2 it will pick up 75hp. You could probably duplicate that by hot lapping your car at the track, but for the money, you could install a fan switch and let your car sit for 1/2 hour and get the same results and have $145-$195 in your pocket. Could also use the windshield washer sprayer to spray the IC in the staging lanes and cool it down pretty quick also for another $10 or so. Wouldn't have to worry about the "spraying liquids on the track" safety issue as it will all evaporate by the time you get to the line.

75 rwhp is equal to like 90 flywheel..I have hot lapped my car many times and never lost more than a couple tenths/couple MPH..75 RWHP is more than a couple tenths...its actually huge.

I would believe 35? As a possibility..Unless the CO2 is going into the motor. our intercoolers when used for drag racing are fine as long as the car isnt hot lapped...let it cool down for an hour..your good to go.

Anything is possible, just need more like that to start believing.. My car went 9.90's on streetradials..rite :rolleyes:

Back