Checking Spring Tension in Belt Tensioner

1KWIKSIX

I'd like to check the tension in my original belt tensioner. I understand the factory units were 19.5 to 20 in / lbs.

Can I check mine on the car by removing the belt and using a torque wrench and socket to move the nut on the tensioner, noting the force indicated to move?

best way I learned was to make sure indicator line is in correct position with belt on

it is within the indicated window, but I"m concerned spring tension is possibly weak

Yes you can and you'll need a torque meter not a torque wrench that is the kind with the dial face on them or a deflecting beam Style

Where is window to check? Top? Side? Can you see it without the maf pipe or up pipe removed?

I've seen some posts and videos from Steve V mentioning this window to check, but I can't see mine for the life of me on my car at any angle I try to look at the tensioner with everything on the car.

Where is window to check? Top? Side? Can you see it without the maf pipe or up pipe removed?

I've seen some posts and videos from Steve V mentioning this window to check, but I can't see mine for the life of me on my car at any angle I try to look at the tensioner with everything on the car.
I was just thinking, you may have a belt that is too long. The part number at most stores has been too long.

I was just thinking, you may have a belt that is too long. The part number at most stores has been too long.

According to the part number of the belt on the car it’s actually much shorter than stock and I did not delete any accessories on the engine either.

here's the OEM stock size belt 1618 mm you can usually go couple MM shorter to get in the correct tension range

IMG_2016.JPG