You can type here any text you want

Chicago area tuner?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

chicagoTTA

Crack Baby
Now that ANS and Pete are going away :eek: , who do we trust?

I know Speed Inc (LS1Speed) In Schaumburg *might* be good.

Is there anyone else that knows GN's / TTA's and does GREAT work? I have a stack of parts and mods planned for a while now. I am ready to start.

And according to my master calculations, I just might be one of the cool kids soon.

Anyone know who to trust around here?? :confused:

I've been looking around for a good Turbo Buick tuner in the Chicago area too... here

I have an LS1 Camaro and it seems most people either LOVE or HATE Speed Inc. I'd like a shop that considers themselves experts with Turbo Buicks. Speed Inc doesn't even advertise Turbo Buick service or parts...

Yea, you're right about LS1. I remember when they first came here (from Canada I think??). The owner had a GN I believe. And I've been there 4 or 5 times and saw a few GNs there. 1 or 2 of them belonged to the techs there.

But yep. There's no middle. People either HATE them or dig 'em.

With Pete gone, looks like the MidWest is pretty much fu*ked.

Thanks for the link. I'll call Ivan (thanks Julio) on Monday. Hopefully he's still in business :rolleyes: .

They're droppin like flies!

Well for speed Inc I would have to warn against them. Take this as someone who has worked for them in the past. About 3 years ago the owner tom izzo used to own a low 11 sec GN however he has sold it and gotten out of the 3.8L turbo cars for the most part, and one of the techs had a beat up 87 GN that was his daily driver. Dont get me wrong if ya bring it in to them they will certainly work on it and do a fair to okay job with them. But Ive also seen the woa's that they have done. If they take their time and do a though job with their work they can do really nice stuff...but then sometimes if they cant get a head gasket to seal properly nothing will fix it better than bars stop leak...But I would go with the recomendation for Ivan. He is a very knowlegabe guy about TTA's and turbo cars.

Does anyone know the real story on Pete and ANS?

I had been trying to get ahold of him for some time now.

Would really like to know for I drive there to find someone

later
Jeremy

How about Gary Oswald of Street Performance. He's a good long time turbo Buick guy located in Elk Grove, right behind Hoskins Chevrolet. I've always respected him as a good guy who does good work. I would not hesitate to go to him.

Pete was always overwhelmed with work. He was great, but there is only so much one peson could do. His shop was always packed to the rafters with cars awaiting work. Last year I saw that and decided to pull my own motor, bring it to him for machine work & assembly and then reinstall it myself. I've never done that before. I don't consider myself a mechanic but it actually was fairly easy... and kind of fun too. Maybe we can tackle more projects ourselves? This board offers tons of help so that's probably your best option...plus it's fun to learn new things. Paul

I'm pretty impressed with how many people are here in the chicago area! Especially TTA owners. That is awsome.

About the tuners above I have never used them but from word of mouth, I have heard that ANS got the name ANUS cause well they did **** work. I was there once ages ago with a friend and they messed up his car.

Gary Oswald looks as if he fianlly got a shop. Hope he got some lifts! He was always known to be very pricey. I know a few times he sold parts that were used at new prices, FPRegulators.
But again this is all just Hear-Say. I'm not bashing just giving a heads up.

chicagoTTA said:
Thanks for the link. I'll call Ivan (thanks Julio) on Monday. Hopefully he's still in business :rolleyes: .

Ivan is still doing what he does. Actually he just modified by crossover pipe for the girdle motor i'm building.. just got that back in the mail yesterday.

And he owns like 4 TTA's.. sometimes more.. sometimes less :rolleyes:

who's the fella on or near northwest highway that always has a driveway full of gn's and 1 or 2 TTA's ???

That's Gary Oswald. He now has a shop in elk grove. called street performance

oh...he is close by....have 2 give him a visit...

is he ever on this forum..?

i bought some inj from gary a couple of years ago he charged way to much and after i got home and inspected them to find out they were used, just a warning

See what I mean?!?! Read my post above. Buy your parts online and take them to him to install. Or come to my house and I can do it. "Depending on what it is" ask first.

tom j said:
i bought some inj from gary a couple of years ago he charged way to much and after i got home and inspected them to find out they were used, just a warning

Now I'm paranoid of taking my TTA anywhere to get worked on... I just want it running flawlessly then maintain it from there. (until the next mod anyway)

Back