Chickens new 1005 Cubic Inch V8 street engine !

BB chevys make good boat motors. Were you to install it in your Buick I doubt it would run as well.

It's a skull thumper in my Camaro. The 3:73 gearing and the TKO-600 five speed really work well with the flat TQ curve and it pulls like a freaking train. The ZZ502's are actually very mild builds, but still produce 550+HP and 575+TQ with the intake and headers I'm using and a good Carb, as verified in Hot Rod Magazine flogging while swapping parts....gets even better with a good EFI system....

The compression is low enough to use a little boost with....
Still thinking...

It's a skull thumper in my Camaro. The 3:73 gearing and the TKO-600 five speed really work well with the flat TQ curve and it pulls like a freaking train. The ZZ502's are actually very mild builds, but still produce 550+HP and 575+TQ with the intake and headers I'm using and a good Carb, as verified in Hot Rod Magazine flogging while swapping parts....gets even better with a good EFI system....

The compression is low enough to use a little boost with....
Still thinking...
I bet that stone would play hell trying to run 11's

I bet that stone would play hell trying to run 11's

I saw a guy show up at Pomona years ago with a 502" BBC in a Grand national. It ran 12 flat at 110 MPH. Yawn. I ran those #'s with an all stock motor with a TA 49 and blue tops back in the 90's.

Neal

I know guys with the same set up I have in my Camaro who have gone low 11's in theirs.....I know other guys who have put an automatic behind it and set the suspension up for 1/4 mile who have run high 10's just on the ZZ502's nuts alone...no spray, etc...in their first gen Camaro's...
Now with that said...I couldn't launch my Camaro well to save my life...so I'd have to agree....prolly run a low 12/high 11 if I tried to run it at the track...

5 MPG daily driver. Chicken this isn't the 1960's anymore.

Oh I know...the reality of driving the Camaro (or anything sporting a ZZ502) too much would strike me inside of 2 weeks....I actually feel my wallet get smaller from stop light to stop light when driving the Camaro and it makes a giant sucking sound...
It's gas....literally.

Even the Buick....with the way I drive....is not friendly at the pump. I kept track of my mileage for several weeks and it came out at right about 13mph under normal meanchicken driving conditions.

Oh I know...the reality of driving the Camaro (or anything sporting a ZZ502) too much would strike me inside of 2 weeks....I actually feel my wallet get smaller from stop light to stop light when driving the Camaro and it makes a giant sucking sound...
It's gas....literally.

Even the Buick....with the way I drive....is not friendly at the pump. I kept track of my mileage for several weeks and it came out at right about 13mph under normal meanchicken driving conditions.
13 MPG, you must get way better on the road then that. But first describe what you consider normal about your program, Next consider 60 # injectors, jacked up fuel pressure, rich chip, Loose converter, heavy traffic, heavy foot, etc & its actually a miracle you get that good of mileage. My Lightning gets 10 in town & 15 HGWY. costs me $90.00 everytime I fill it. The Z06 gets twice the mileage. Boosted engines suck gas when you open the throttle blades that's the trade off.

I don't know what my turbo Buick gets for mileage these days, I believe about 16 on the average even with some freeway and I will not embarrass myself and tell you guys what the '09 CTS-V gets, even with part freeway.

Dang!

Tim,
Even with a 3.73 gear, 3000 non lock up, and 20 psi in the MT DRs, my GN gets right at 21 mpg, crusing at 70 mph. I suspect that the difference is the fact that I've got nice smooth, shiney paint to reduce air drag, and you've got...:rolleyes:

You don't need Lou to get your car in top racing form. You need Earl Scheib.;)

Mike Barnard

Tim,
Even with a 3.73 gear, 3000 non lock up, and 20 psi in the MT DRs, my GN gets right at 21 mpg, crusing at 70 mph. I suspect that the difference is the fact that I've got nice smooth, shiney paint to reduce air drag, and you've got...:rolleyes:

You don't need Lou to get your car in top racing form. You need Earl Scheib.;)

Mike Barnard

doh!.jpg

I have no problem increasing my mileage in either car:
Just don't fill the next tank to the top.

You guys who barely get dust on your garage queens, and oil your shorts if you see a spot on the floor under them need to sheeeeeeeyaddup.:biggrin:

Let me drive those queen's around for 3 months and I'll tell you what the real gas mileage is under true test conditions....tee hee...and they'll be dirty lil girls when I bring them back to you....

I've never tried to baby the chicken couple to see what the best mileage it would get would be...I just don't have that kind of self control...the 13mpg was under my normal every day behavior of racing anything that even showed a sign of trying to out do me between stop lights...and I normally accelerate at a rigorous pace even if no one is bugging me.

Tim,

You remind me of my buddy Morgan. He was always ready to duke it out with anyone who even glanced in his direction. He'd do a smokey burnout for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich too. ;) I wouldn't say his cars were rode hard and put away wet but he usually drove them like he stole them. :biggrin:

Neal