China Headers

Studs for these headers that I have found that will fit and are pretty clos eto the size of ARP are 5/16x16x1.25" Coarse thread for heads.. I just got my set form Summit and they are part# ARP-120-1412 and this is pretty much the same as the studs I already had except my studs have allen heads in them to help screw into the heads if need be and are coarse thread all the way where ARP are coarse threaf for head on one end and fine thread for nut. I would offer these but not a vendor and there not hard to find anyway! Heres a pic of>>

Attachments

• ARP header stud!!.jpg
    ARP header stud!!.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 326
Just got em done.

Took a lil effort as with anything on these cars, had a few issues, first off the solenoid on my stock starter was in the way of the header. Not a real big deal because I changed the solenoid to the shorter one. Luckily the old guys at the shop didnt think it was worth their time to charge me for the conversion. Secondly, the crossover needed to be cut down a lil bit to make it fit just right. Again not a big deal just a lil aggravating when ur in a hurry to get the car ready for the midwest buick event in Indiana this weekend. And lastly both flanges on the crossover leaked real bad. I called Sam, and as usual he picked up right away and explained that he had a similar issue with the set he put on his car and gave me a Felpro part number that when used will seal the crossover ends perfectly. 23624 is the part number ($4.00 each). The gaskets worked perfectly, the car is quiet as a kitten. I used to think that alky was the best mod for the money but after fighting exhaust leaks from day one with my old Terry Houstons (on a set of headers that I was assured would not leak from a board member) I am extremely happy with the outcome of these headers especially considering the price and tech support. Thanx Sam for looking out for the Buick guys.

Took a lil effort as with anything on these cars, had a few issues, first off the solenoid on my stock starter was in the way of the header. Not a real big deal because I changed the solenoid to the shorter one. Luckily the old guys at the shop didnt think it was worth their time to charge me for the conversion. Secondly, the crossover needed to be cut down a lil bit to make it fit just right. Again not a big deal just a lil aggravating when ur in a hurry to get the car ready for the midwest buick event in Indiana this weekend. And lastly both flanges on the crossover leaked real bad. I called Sam, and as usual he picked up right away and explained that he had a similar issue with the set he put on his car and gave me a Felpro part number that when used will seal the crossover ends perfectly. 23624 is the part number ($4.00 each). The gaskets worked perfectly, the car is quiet as a kitten. I used to think that alky was the best mod for the money but after fighting exhaust leaks from day one with my old Terry Houstons (on a set of headers that I was assured would not leak from a board member) I am extremely happy with the outcome of these headers especially considering the price and tech support. Thanx Sam for looking out for the Buick guys.

Thank you for your support and kind words.

For anyone who is wondering in regards to the gasket attached to the link is the advanced auto gasket that works like it was made especially for these headers!

While we find your parts, please enter your ZIP Code at PartsAmerica.com
Sam
Anyone with any question, please feel free to call me at any time

I got mine in today:cool: They are very nice pieces with true welds and ports.
I will install them tomorrow and run them:cool: . They will be replacing my Postons headers........ the collectors on my new SPX7 headers are a visual big improvement on the merge design in the collector definitely ;)
Michael

Studs for these headers that I have found that will fit and are pretty clos eto the size of ARP are 5/16x16x1.25" Coarse thread for heads.. I just got my set form Summit and they are part# ARP-120-1412 and this is pretty much the same as the studs I already had except my studs have allen heads in them to help screw into the heads if need be and are coarse thread all the way where ARP are coarse threaf for head on one end and fine thread for nut. I would offer these but not a vendor and there not hard to find anyway! Heres a pic of>>

Thanks Chris for the part number. I should be ready for the instal when I get home!

I have studs here Vader when you get home save your money!

Hey Sam is the v-band gasket by Felpro you have listed above any better then the Part # 85032 we spoke about?

I have studs here Vader when you get home save your money!

Hey Sam is the v-band gasket by Felpro you have listed above any better then the Part # 85032 we spoke about?

Actually it's the same part. 85032 is actually fed mogul part# but when you get to Advanced auto, they can't pull it up and have to do a cross reference and then they actually pull out the other number... When you get the item in it's package, you'll see the 85032 in big bold letters!:biggrin:

Sam