You can type here any text you want

Chinese cranks Ok.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

buickboy

Installed my chinese stock stroke crank today with coated Calico bearings. This was after miking the block and crank main and rod journals. Spec'd out very consistant and within tight specs. Pretty happy so far. Not looking for a pat on the back, just wanted to share my experience with Chinese stuff.

Mitch

Does it have a rough texture where the rear main seal rides? Cross hatches for the seal to ride on?

BW

Crank

Yes, and the micro polish on the journals was supberb. Also have to give Weber racing kudos for being a very supportive vendor and having fantastic customer service and technical expertise.

Mitch

Mine were FAr to deep and ran the length of the sealing area so when we tested the crankcase for leaks with a smoke machine it was leaking smoke like crazy from the rear main so had to come apart and crank is being worked on again at the machine shop.... :mad::mad::mad:

Installed my chinese stock stroke crank today with coated Calico bearings. This was after miking the block and crank main and rod journals. Spec'd out very consistant and within tight specs. Pretty happy so far. Not looking for a pat on the back, just wanted to share my experience with Chinese stuff.

Mitch
what brand crank do you have.im looking at buying one myself.

My buddy has a cat crank with a very aggresive knurl ,after many 1/8 mile runs and some street miles ,no rear main leak ,,,he runs a lt1 ele vacuum pump

Yes, and the micro polish on the journals was supberb. Also have to give Weber racing kudos for being a very supportive vendor and having fantastic customer service and technical expertise.

Mitch

they are great people they just did me a stroker and so far no leaks

Back