You can type here any text you want

Chip and fuel injector question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

stinkmeisterj

I just finished installing a set of blue top injectors in my 87 GN and I have a question. My commander chip from Full Throttle Speed and Style won't be arriving for another week, My current chip is an old Thrasher chip designed for stock injectors I turned the key on just to pressurize and check for fuel leaks but I'm afraid to start the car due to the chip/ injector mismatch. I'd love to hear it run... Would it hurt anything to start the car or do I need to exercise restraint and patience and wait for the chip that'll match the injectors? Will I end up with a crankcase full of fuel? Any help is appreciated.
Jesse

my setup

TH downpipe, walbro 340 hotwired, stock cam/heads, 160 thermostat, stock turbo, never been to track, 93 octane fuel in So. Michigan and now blue top injectors (Ford injectors)

That's what I was afraid of but really wanted to hear it from someone smarter than me. I think I'll pull the computer and get it ready for the new chip just to remind myself not to do anything stupid. Thanks.

If you don't already have directscan or a power logger, now is the time to download the pl installation instructions and get the ecm ready :-). Once you start down the path of faster, faster you really need good tuning feedback, and as nice as a scanmaster may be it does not compare to recording an entire run at many more frames per second.

Back