Chip change ?

Disconnect the orange wire and change the chip. Reconnect the orange wire and have fun.

Thanks guys that was such a FAST response!

I could not remember exactly since it has been awhile (4 years) since I played with chips

You must disconnect the orange ecm wire near battery to swap the chip.

I have always wondered why this is so? :confused:

It does clear the computer when power is removed from it, but never had any problem just changing a chip w/o powering it down.

One of my customers removed his chip thinking it was an anti-theft measure, GN got stolen. :mad:

Maybe one of our resident experts like Turbo Bob can enlighten me. :D

The BLM's get cleared when disconnecting the orange wire. If you're using two radically different chips, the car will run poorly until warmed up (above 160 degrees) and the BLM's re-adjust. Many chip suppliers use the BLM's for other uses (to store parameters); so if you switched chips "hot" you may end up with unpredictable results.

However in the old days, if you're changing from a closed loop to an open loop chip (like the old Thrasher), it was actually better not to disconnect the orange wire.

I hope the OP does'nt mind me borrowing his thread since he got his answer.
I have 50# injectors and a chip that I have no idea who makes. It says 93 octane and 20:confused: I am running alky and was wondering should I start fresh by getting a TT chip for this setup.

I'd get a TT chip, myself. I put off getting one for a long time and once I saw how it changed the personality and driveability of my car, I kicked myself for waiting. :)