chip features

T

Turboaddict

When you order a chip from a vendor is there any special features that you request the chip burner to put in? I'm thinking of having a burner such as Lubrant or Carter burn me a race chip for alchy injection. Lets say I want 23* timing, lean at the low end and rich at the top end, lockup at 45mph, fan turn on at 160, ...what other things should I have the burner do?

Dont play your vendors. Dont ask someone, then ask others if they are right. Ask for a 100 or so octane chip. Mixtures are argueable. I say theres more energy in gas and alky should be a detonation supresant. Other say alky is a fuel. If you trust someone, go with them. Be it Joe, Jay, or me. But be forewarned, if you ask for something specific, be aware that if you went against a knowledgable persons recomendation (I dont mean me by any means) and it grenades, u got no one to blame but yourself. My suggestion is get a chip from Joe or Jay, telll them what you got, let them build the program from their expereince.

I wont do alky cal's till I get mine installed and play with it.

Thanks Jim. Thats what I was betting on doing. I did email Joe and told him my combo. He said he usually starts with 23* timing for alchy. I'll give him another call.

Sooo....
Can someone still list the options that are available .

Just for the archives .

Dennis

Originally posted by AsphaltAnihil8r
Sooo....
Can someone still list the options that are available .

Just for the archives .

Dennis

-BLM Lock-On to 128 at WOT
Don't know if it would be relevant to the desired lean / rich fueling above.

Knock retard ignore at launch
Ignore knock for the first couple of seconds if you are getting drive train chatter when you leave.

Shift Light
Flash the SES light at selected RPM's. I'm not a big fan of this, the SES light is located too low in the dash.

MAF lock-on to 255
If you are experiencing MAF drop-out.

I am sure there are more.

Originally posted by Mile Hi GN

-BLM Lock-On to 128 at WOT
Don't know if it would be relevant to the desired lean / rich fueling above.

Knock retard ignore at launch
Ignore knock for the first couple of seconds if you are getting drive train chatter when you leave.

Shift Light
Flash the SES light at selected RPM's. I'm not a big fan of this, the SES light is located too low in the dash.

MAF lock-on to 255
If you are experiencing MAF drop-out.

I am sure there are more.
Im a tad slow but thanks

Variable timing, adjustable fuel, antitheft.....

Features

Anti-theft with valet and convenience modes

Launch assist

Loop control (user selectable open loop at idle or full time)

Extended MAF range with anti-dropout

Lean highway cruise that works

Alchy mode

High speed ALDL data

WOT TCC lock

T.Bob

Features of note:

Rapidly flashing SES light

Rev limiter

speed limiter

Boy, you guys think you're so tuff....try to do this:

Boost control, and TCC control!

Burners can also use the MAP sensor to adjust boost, timing or fuel. Gear-dependent fueling, timing and boost. Extended rev limiter (beyond the factory 6,375 limit).

Emissions chips are also available but are usually only good for that purpose.

Re: Features

Originally posted by TurboBob
Anti-theft with valet and convenience modes

Launch assist

Loop control (user selectable open loop at idle or full time)

Extended MAF range with anti-dropout

Lean highway cruise that works

Alchy mode

High speed ALDL data

WOT TCC lock

T.Bob
What's Alchy mode??? Is it a standard feature on my Extender Chip?
Guy

Depends on which version Extender.

What's the number on the chip?

There's an input on the ECM that the Extender can use to put in a little extra timing when grounded. The idea was to integrate it with an alchy kit, with a pressure switch on the alchy line the advance would only activate when alchy was flowing. The feature exists in some Extenders, the hardware development was never finished.

Bob

Originally posted by TurboBob
Depends on which version Extender.

What's the number on the chip?

There's an input on the ECM that the Extender can use to put in a little extra timing when grounded. The idea was to integrate it with an alchy kit, with a pressure switch on the alchy line the advance would only activate when alchy was flowing. The feature exists in some Extenders, the hardware development was never finished.

Bob
Bob,
First I like to say that the Extender Chip is great! I HAD a slow(off the line) spool up problem. Now the only problem is using my OTC without all the infomation.:( (lost MAF gps reading)
Part# BWL24A1D/D01 (from instructions sheet) Is the hardware development still going on?
Other questions:
When does the TCC lockup?
On my OTC 4000E it shows trouble codes. I know the Extender uses trouble codes for features. So? What codes should be there?

Thanks,
Guy

Originally posted by BADDGUY6

Bob,
First I like to say that the Extender Chip is great! I HAD a slow(off the line) spool up problem. Now the only problem is using my OTC without all the infomation.:( (lost MAF gps reading)
Part# BWL24A1D/D01 (from instructions sheet) Is the hardware development still going on?
Other questions:
When does the TCC lockup?
On my OTC 4000E it shows trouble codes. I know the Extender uses trouble codes for features. So? What codes should be there?

Thanks,
Guy

I can't answer all your questions, but as an ex OTC4000 user (best thing I ever did was retire that thing!!) I can tell you that I see you have the fast update code patch (the W in your chip ID number), and this will cause all sorts of wierd readings on OTC scanners (and other similar scantools). You'll see trouble codes and missing info, etc.
The high speed code patch was designed to be used with Scanmaster 2.1.
It also won't interfere with Direct Scan since it's not an ALDL based tool.

The OTC is just too old, cumbersome, and downright difficult to use to be of any practical use for over the road testing. Scanmaster would be your best bet. And if you're really into seeing everything that's going on (at the track or troubleshooting a particularly pesky problem)(like I just had) then I would strongly recommend investing in Direct Scan at some point to compliment Scanmaster.

OTC 4000E

I use the OTC to record and review my runs. I review what my O2s, KR, RPM,ect. was during the run. and at what MPH/RPM/O2 I get KR. So I can make adjustments. You're right, "The OTC is just too old, cumbersome, and downright difficult to use to be of any practical use for over the road testing. "But for recording everything & reviewing after the run. it's OK. I know it's not as good as TL or DS :( But I have it got to use it.

Guy

Re: OTC 4000E

Originally posted by BADDGUY6
I use the OTC to record and review my runs. I review what my O2s, KR, RPM,ect. was during the run. and at what MPH/RPM/O2 I get KR. So I can make adjustments. You're right, "The OTC is just too old, cumbersome, and downright difficult to use to be of any practical use for over the road testing. "But for recording everything & reviewing after the run. it's OK. I know it's not as good as TL or DS :( But I have it got to use it.

Guy

True, but it didn't take me long to figure out that seeing somewhere between 7-9 frames of data for an entire run, There's a TON of missing information in between each frame (missing 1.5 seconds in between each and every frame), there's just too much room in there to miss something.

If a car is being raced even on a non regular basis, I don't think I'd feel comfortable running down the track knowing that for a typical 12 second run, I'm only going to see bits and pieces of the run amounting to not much more than a total of a few miliseconds.

Sure, you can make adjustments based on what you see, but what about what you don't see?