Chip ID ?, ECM

Charles Young

C Young
With this chip, does it really matter what turbo I have? I ask because I did not put turbo or chip in this car and I know the sheet that came with the chip lists a specific turbo but I'm not sure that is actually the turbo in the car. Thoughts?
Also, I have only had one of these cars before but I don't think the ecm had this ribbon cable coming from the bottom. What is it for??
97f93310715e131ebf771e9e11e669b1.jpg
b656a932a62a603af9ea618695eb7054.jpg
8474b45b3669efac8c1f443a95644fa2.jpg

Thanks ahead for any info!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That ribbon cable is likely for an older, no longer supported logging device called Direct Scan. Follow the ribbon and there's likely an interface box on the other end.
If you find the interface box, it's not a bad idea to get it and the ribbon cable out. It's about 99.9% sure that your laptop, if you have one will not support the parallel port cable on the other end of the DS interface box.
Powerlogger has made the DS obsolete. And as I said modern laptops don't even have a parallel printer port to connect to DS.

That chip will support a modestly wide range of turbo's. But it's an alky chip, and as such must be run with alky because of the HIGH timing and boost.

Ahh, yes I bet you are right. I got an old laptop that came with the car and a Direct Scan disk. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk