You can type here any text you want

Chip ID

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87BuickMan

Yeah I know, I know, but I just bought this GN and am new to the turbo buick world. I pulled the chip today and this is what it says: The black outer plastic says RN and the inner says BBKJ 9464. It has green top injectors, but I couldn't see any #'s on them without pulling them, also what appears to be a stock turbo.Anyone know anything about what chip is in it?

The black plastic chip carrier was made by Robinson Nugent, RN. The chip itself (BBJK 9464) is the emissions recall chip made by GM for stock injectors. Your green stripes must be the 30 lb/hr ones that work okay with stock injector chips. Has 22 degrees of timing at WOT which these days most people think is a little too much for 93 octane. Has the fan on and off at about 200 deg F, which again is too hot for best performance if you put in a 160 F thermostat. Keep the boost at stock levels (12-13 psi in 3rd gear) and it should do fine. The best thing you could do is to go to www.gnttype.org and start reading all the technical articles, then go to the tech forum here and just start reading all the old threads that catch your eye.

Back