You can type here any text you want

Chip Or Fuel Management!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TURBOGTA1

Life is Sweet !!!
Chip Or Fuel Management!!!
ECM & CHIP, OR F.A.S.T / BIGSTUFF3 SET UP!!
ONE POPULAR VENDOR SAYS!! QUOTE, ARE YOU GONNA RELY THAT EXPENSIVE MOTOR ON A CHEAP CHIP!!
LET ME KNOW GUYS!!!!! ABOUT TO BUY BIG STUFF3

Sad to hear someone remark like that.

Those cheap chips have much more engineering in them then any of the aftermarkets. I would seriously doubt any of the aftermarket ecms spend .01% of what GM does in a year for engine management R+D. Not to mention that they've cruised along as long as possible before making any changes, and the changes they're making are towards making them more oem like.

With the MEs, and Translators running 9s and 10s, I guess the only real need for the aftermarkets might be when you get into the 7s and 8s.

Ya, there's some chips being sold that are laughable, but the chip systems like the T+, and MEs are well thoughtout and designed items, IMO.

Not to mention fixing the IAC driver in my Gen VI was $200, and lately I've been running 60s with a stock Syclone ecm, which I've bought several of for $35.

IMO, the aftermarkets are gonna have to get a whole bunch better to be worth what they're charging. Granted if you just have more money then time, they can be quicker to get initially up and running. But, it still takes track time to dial a system in. While they like to hype Closed Loop WOT, you still have to make pass after pass to find the best AFR, just as you would without the closed loop. Not to mention Closed Loop WOT has now been done with the oem ecm.

I'm not anti-aftermarket, I just haven't seen one that's really cost effective for me.

Go with the aftermarket system and do not look back. Some of us do not know or understand source code, or have the time to tinker with the stock boxes until they are nothing like what gm intended. Aftermarket systems will go faster and be safer than what 99.99995 % can build on our own.

Back