You can type here any text you want

Chip Question (new chip for turbo swap?)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rphatdad

My GN was stolen in 2001 I just got it back this october,
minus seats, turbo, and wheels and tires.

I have a vintage Red Armstrong 93 chip (circa 1995) for a TA-49 with Green tops (36 lb). I am replacing with a GT 3255. I am planning on other upgrades (fuel injectors Maf translator etc) later that will necisitate a new chip but was wondering if I can use the RA 93 chip to get the car running again, or do I need to get a new chip right away?

I'll take a stab at this...Sorry to hear about your car being stolen. That totaly sux ass:mad:

Anyhow, I would personaly just order a new chip. You probaly could use that chip to run around on but it could detonate once you get into the boost. My race chip did this while I was driving around waiting on my street chip. A new chip from Turbotweak runs 85.00 and I think It's like 10.00 to upgrade it once you install some new mods.

Best of luck.
Ray

Get a new chip, TT ships fast ..Congrats on getting the car back after 5 years :eek:

That chip should be fine to get the car running again. The TA49 & GT3255 are similar in performance & should not change your chip requirements much. Certainly not enough to run & drive the car normally. Get your final mods in place & then order a new TT chip.

If the injectors in the car match what the Reds chip is for, it will work fine. As mentioned above, the GT3255 is about the same cfm as the TA49....when you go bigger turbo, the PE wot fueling requirements change because so much more air is being forced in...but you won't have that issue between a 49 and 3255 they are comparable turbos. But for $85 and the advanced technology in TT chips with the adjustable fueling and spark, you can't beat it!

Back