Chips today vs. 10 years ago

jefffoxsr

My chip is a Red's chip from about 9 years ago.

Have there been any real changes in any part of the programming since then?

If so, then what areas have been improved?

Thanks.

Chips today (Full Throttle Extenders/Commanders, & TurboTweak) are virtually completely user programmable. That is to say, not reprogramming the chip, but rather heavy duty control over a great number of tuning points!!!!!!

chips back then had NO tuning ability.

Most older chips are guys just adding some timing & lower fan turn on points. As mentioned NO adjustability & for tuning you need it! A new chip from Eric right out the box is burnt for Your Combo plus you get to tweak it!

Thanks for the info. I haven't been around for many years, so I don't know who Eric is.

I have a TE63 turbo, Ported GN1 aluminum heads (engine rebuilt), and run alky with a Red's chip.

My EGTs are good and my DS runs look good, so although I like to tweak the car to run good I don't seem to need any more tunability.

I just want to make sure I'm not missing out on anything in a new product that could be useful.

Can you tell me the names of some computer and tuning related products so I can find out more about them by doing a search on this forum?

Thanks.

'Eric' is the owner of TurboTweak Home

His 5.6 chip is fully user adjustable, and the 6.0 version is also wideband/wot closed-loop controlled. Seem to be the chips of choice these days.... I'm gonna' try one soon to replace my old Thrasher....:wink: