You can type here any text you want

Chris Chow Wins PSCA Race @ AZ

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

John Wilde

I'm getting too old for this $#!%
Staff member
The following is an email from Chris Chow that I have eddited for family reading. He was very excited about his second win in a row.
For those that do not know Chris has a 87 WE4 that weighs 3625lbs and has a TT Duttweiler SBC. He still runs a Wolfe Racecraft Stock Suspension!!!

---------------------------

I raced the guy with the 8.51 (Blown big block 75Camaro) and smoked him!

But the timer didn't work. I think he was "backing into" and
"out of", the staging beams. When the tree went down, he defused one of the staging beams. I had the win with an 8.4 at 161 and couldn't evensee him as he was about 2 to 3 car lengths behind me.

Since the timer didn't function correctly, we had to re-run. WTF?

I agreed in protest to run him again and smoked him off the line with a 8.43 at 162 to his 8.47 at 165. I hole-shot his arse out of the gate and never looked back. However, he and his crew was decent enough to congratulate me in my pit area ...so that's racing.

In the second round of eliminations I was up against the #1 qualifier. He ran 8.0's at 179 to 181 all day. Single turbo Mustang. Nice car, he (Mike) hails from New Mexico. Runs stock rear suspension on the same tires as mine:) He's running a DFI Gen7 with a PT106 turbo and a stroker 370 small block Ford. Same Wolfe suspension components as me. He takes a
while to spool, so I let him spool up and light both beams. I dropped into the second beam rather leasurely and hoped the starter would give me a little time to build 7 psi on the trans brake. The tree went down with a slightly better (3thousandth or so) better reaction time. But his 60 foot went from a 1.33's all day to a 2.0. My car was consistant all day long but I added a few more PSI to see if I could even keep up with him. It turned out his motor started smoking throughout the pass and I beat him with another mid 8 at 162mph. BTW Tucson is 3300 elevation according to most peeps at the track.

Now the final round. I can't believe I'm in the FINALS AGAIN.
So I run up against the #2 qualifyier in a beautiful 57 Chevy. His name is Joe Barry and he was really helpful with his attempt at protesting against my re-run against the blow-big block 75 Camaro. We both did our burnouts with me having an issue with my car going sideways. I backed-up to retry another burnout but ended up doing a very wicked 200foot dry hop:) His car was having issues with a headgasket so he ran a 9.1 to my
8.47 at 162

We collected our $700 in cash for the win, picked up several pictures and are just waiting now for room service in the hotel .

Todd helped me out with my burnouts more props to come. Our room service just arrived!

Congrats Chris!!!

You sure are taking names and kicking ass:) :D :cool:

Congrats Chris! It sounds like you had your hands full but managed to keep it all together!!! Sounds like an exciting weekend!!:cool:

Another email from Chris.
This one was a lot cleaner

Dave, here is the information on the next race.

Nov 14th-16th
Fri Set-up, Tech & Test N Tune
Sat & Sun Race
Click here for race info
5th Annual
Probe Industries
"World Finals"
Speedworld Motorplex
Phoenix, AZ
www.speedworldmotorplex.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tucson was awesome
Posted by Chris Chow Heavy Street#18 on October 7, 2003, 9:22 pm

Thanks Mel, PSCA crew and SIR for another great event. Tucson has one of the best hooking tracks on the West Coast. It wasn't just the first 60feet either. My 10.5W's were sticking at the 330 without having to "keep" the tail-end from stepping out. Thanks to fellow Heavy Street racers Mike Keenun and to Joe Barry for their awesome sportsmanship.
Thanks to John Gianoli at Reggie's for standing behind his work and a set of NGK plugs (thanks Dino) in the last minute.
Todd Mackenzie in Oxnard, Cali (805)485-1810 for his awesome cylinder head work continued support and attention to detail. Shane from MoTeC for attending every event and ready to keyboard-in a few more HP with the MoTeC. Mack@Fasttrackperformance.com. John W. for his anti-burndown ARtCarr converter. Idaho drag racers Shawn and BigDave. Nancy, my ever faithful navigator and multimedia extraordinare. My best friend Mona D. Ken Duttweiler for building a very consistant hard-running motor. Mike's transmissions for donating their tranny oil at the driver's meeting. Todd Chiamparino for lining me up in the groove. The SVB crew. Alex_diablo for hooking me up with the baddest powerstroke tow vehicle. And all the Bay Area drag racers...you know who you are

Chris Chow

:D

YOU BET I'M JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT GUY IS HAVING SOME SERIOUS FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D

cant believe that there was no mention of me giving the shirt of my back.........................

shawn

Don't feel bad Shawn. He hated on me last time.
Some times when you get to top you forget the little people that got you there:D

JW and IdahoGN,

You guys are too funny. If you saw the shirt I was wearing at the Tucson race you would laugh your a$$ off. Because I wore it again (albeit washed).

In addition, one of the local racers near my house (Michelle) at Sassyracing.com won the PSCA Open Comp event. She's the first gal to take a win since PSCA has been running (3 or 4 years now).

I wish the Vegas event wasnt on the same weekend as the PSCA shootout in Tucson. I really wanted to go. We never get any cool, FAST street-legal cars here in Tucson like Chris Chows. Congtats to Chris running that fast at our sorry track. :D

Hi Rich,

Just want to mention that your track sticks like glue. I had some issues with tractio at the Vegas track 1 month prior. With no changes, I ran on the Tucson track and had no problems running straight. The top-end of the track hooks!!!

The only comment that I have is that the Tucson track is slightly narrower than most of the tracks that I've raced at.

But it's all good, I achieved my new best ET at your track:)

Chris Chow

Originally posted by Way2QWK
I wish the Vegas event wasnt on the same weekend as the PSCA shootout in Tucson. I really wanted to go. We never get any cool, FAST street-legal cars here in Tucson like Chris Chows. Congtats to Chris running that fast at our sorry track. :D

That's why the topic is in the LOUNGE :rolleyes:

Chris Chow

Originally posted by azgn
way to go Chris!

But.......how is his twin turbo V8 even relevant to TR's......because it is in a GN body?....don't think so

Originally posted by azgn
way to go Chris!

But.......how is his twin turbo V8 even relevant to TR's......because it is in a GN body?....don't think so

::looks at board title - "TurboBuick.com"::

::looks at Chris' car - A Buick ....... with a Turbo::

I'm sorry Woody, where'd we lose you? :confused:

Congrats Chris. Sounds like you have that thing hummin! Any new Vids? :)

john.........can ya get a kichen pass for nov 14th - 16th...........

or do i have to kidnap ya

shawn

Shawn,

It is going to be hard for me to comit to anything this year.
I just met with my new lawyer to get administration rights on my mother's estate. I may have to go to court. We are also looking at cleaning the house and trying to sell it Plus we are still dealing with the care of my grandmother and trying to sell her properties.
This is not my year!!!

Back