chrome plating removal

berserker6

Assistant to the regional manager
Like the title says I'd like to remove the plating on my maf pipe and turbo shield. Then polish and leave bare. Any tips or tricks for a do at home job? Could I sand with maybe a 220 300 and finish with a 1200? Before I hit it with my polishing wheels? Wasn't sure how durable this shit is.

Chrome plating removel is super easy, all you need to do is find someone to trade your chrome parts for the factory parts that are not chrome, for example I don't have a turbo shield, I use a blanket but I;ll trade you the factory MAF pipe for your chrome one, you can text me @720-771-3089. If you have any other chrome parts, let me know. I have the T-type with the B51 chrome package, looking for chrome up under the hood

If the chrome is on aluminum and it is pealing, and you try to sand it off, you will sand depressions into the aluminum before you get any of the chrome off. The chrome is too hard to sand.

If the chrome is good, but you don't like it, powder coat it. Or see options mentioned above.

Removal is difficult and very time consuming.

If you somehow miss a piece or two, it will edge map on the new finish. Trade or sell and buy new or used.

Either is a much better option than trying to remove, strip and "replace" ...........

Chrome plating removel is super easy, all you need to do is find someone to trade your chrome parts for the factory parts that are not chrome . . .
Read the thread title and immediately started thinking about "removal via electrolysis", but your solution is absolutely brilliant! LOL

I've spent close to $1000 getting parts under my hood chromed, if you have something chromed you don't want, or willing to trade just let me know. Please and Thank You