You can type here any text you want

Classic FAST RPM output?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Reggie West

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Guys is there an RPM output on a classic FAST unit?

I want to run the rpm signal to the air shifter for the trans. It has never worked right where its getting the signal now.

Thanks

Guys is there an RPM output on a classic FAST unit?

I want to run the rpm signal to the air shifter for the trans. It has never worked right where its getting the signal now.

Thanks

Depending on when it was built there is a "points" outout wire taht would normally go to an ignition box.You should be able to use this to control your air shifter,but early models this wire wasnt connected internally.
It would be pin X3

Depending on when it was built there is a "points" outout wire taht would normally go to an ignition box.You should be able to use this to control your air shifter,but early models this wire wasnt connected internally.
It would be pin X3

Otto thanks for the info.

This car has a trans brake on it. The button is on a floor console now. I want to run a button on the steering wheel and trigger it from there. Can I run a wire that will control both the trans brake button and trigger the rev limiter on the MSD box at the same time? I believe the rev limiter is being triggered by the brake pedal right now. Impossible?

Otto thanks for the info.

This car has a trans brake on it. The button is on a floor console now. I want to run a button on the steering wheel and trigger it from there. Can I run a wire that will control both the trans brake button and trigger the rev limiter on the MSD box at the same time? I believe the rev limiter is being triggered by the brake pedal right now. Impossibe?

I believe you are talking about a 2 step limiter?

Might be different but no matter where I took my RPM signal from(coil pack/ecm ect) I could not get the fuel pump controller to pick the signal up.
I purchased a MSD Tac pick up and hooked it to the positive wire going into the coil pack and it's got a good signal back to my Aeromotive billet fuel pump controller.

It strange too since my shift light and in-dash tac don't mind the signal coming from my white wire at coil pack.
????? just what I found anyhow.
~Scott

Back