Classic Industries GTA Wheels, Spacers/Adapters

Ken Adams

I recently purchased a complete set of 16" x 8" reproduction GTA wheels from Classic Industries. According to the info from Classic the wheels have 0 offset and 4.75" backspacing. My plans are to run BFGoodrich TA 255/50-16 on all 4 corners. I've attempted to install the front wheels on my GN but clearance was an issue with the 255/50-16 tires. So my next step was to purchase wheel spacers to see if they might help. With 1/2" spacer added, it looks like I will be to run the 255/50-16's on the front but will need need longer wheel studs or go to adapters. If I go with longer wheel studs, what length will I need? If i go with adapters instead, what should i purchase width wise. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks

I recently purchased a complete set of 16" x 8" reproduction GTA wheels from Classic Industries. According to the info from Classic the wheels have 0 offset and 4.75" backspacing. My plans are to run BFGoodrich TA 255/50-16 on all 4 corners. I've attempted to install the front wheels on my GN but clearance was an issue with the 255/50-16 tires. So my next step was to purchase wheel spacers to see if they might help. With 1/2" spacer added, it looks like I will be to run the 255/50-16's on the front but will need need longer wheel studs or go to adapters. If I go with longer wheel studs, what length will I need? If i go with adapters instead, what should i purchase width wise. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks
I was thinking about the same setup for my car, did it all workout for you? could you message me some pics? I was going to use 245-50 on the front and 255-50 on the rear.

will the classic industries wheels work? did you need spacers or longer studs?

Could someone please enlighten me on the all the different GNX style wheels out there. Classic Ind's has the 16x8 with 4.75 backspace, 0 offset. Will these work or do they need spacers, longer studs? How about the Kirban wheels? They are 0 offset as well but don't mention the backspace. Hawk wheels are 17x8 but 5.5 backspace, 0 offset. Or the true GNX wheels, with the different offset front and rear. My intention is to run true to the GNX, 245-50 up front and 255-50 rear. Without making a purchase mistake, what do I need. Please help a brother out.

I have classic industries wheels with zero offset 255's in the rear 245's up front no spacers no rub. If you go with classics look for the 30% off deal got my set shipped to my front door $541.00.

Dorman 610-323 longer studs with the correct knurl. Install and then running spacers will be no problem. I used to run a 5/8" spacer up front with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ones I mentioned work with no spacers. They have a bit of deeper offsets if you look closely. Pricier but done right.

I was thinking about the same setup for my car, did it all workout for you? could you message me some pics? I was going to use 245-50 on the front and 255-50 on the rear.
Let us know if you can find a matching set of tires in this staggered size.

I just ordered them from Discount Tire on eBay. eBay has a $100 coupon. Just enter the code ctires16 at check out. Total shipped is $432. Also, bfg is offering a $50 rebate on a set of 4.

I've tried 1/2" spacers but have clearance issue with them. Next tried 1" billet wheel spacers./adapters . These work better but tires have contact with the inner fenders. Now considering going to 245-50/16 on the front and 255-50-16 on the back. .

I've tried 1/2" spacers but have clearance issue with them. Next tried 1" billet wheel spacers./adapters . These work better but tires have contact with the inner fenders. Now considering going to 245-50/16 on the front and 255-50-16 on the back. .
Ken..... Can you do me a favor and give me a call. I'm going thru what you seem to have done and would like some advise. Thanks. 815 695 5290
Chad