You can type here any text you want

Code 41

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

KansasCity-T

I kept throwing a code 41, the cam sensor code. So, the first thing I did was check the cap. Cap was in excellect condition. But it still did it. The wierd thing about it was it would throw the code when the car was under boost. But it didn't do it all the time. After checking the cap i checked the computer and the computer chip for good connection. Everything looked good.

Another thing I put a new setup in my car. I was tuning it in and when the boost would come up the turbo would fart. This also did this with my stock setup too with minor upgrades. And again when the turbo would fart MOST(not all the) of the time it would throw the cam sensor code. I know my explanation doesn't cover everything so if you have questions for me ask.

The thing is I have to get it running by Friday night for grudge night to get it tuned in. Because on Sunday I have High School Drags.

Setup now:
009 injectors
Eric Marshall chip
Stock turbo

Any suggestions would help a lot?

Thanks again,

Deron L.

Could very well be a bad connection at the ECM from when you installed the new chip.

I'd check/clean the connections at the ECM and inspect the wiring to the CAM sensor for damage.

Reset the code after cleaning/checking and see if it happens again.

Car will run in batch mode or simultaneous mode if this fault is still present.

The wierd thing is when i drive normal it will not throw the 41 code. Car only throws code a 3/4 and WOT. There is no chaffing on the wire in the inner finder. I figure it is a cut wire with low voltage to the ECM. Seem to not do it with stock chip, but when i change chips with stock injectors it would through the code if it had a aftermarket chip. Ever since i changed chips it would throw the 41 code. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Deron L.

I say this alot, but have you changed the alternator recently? I got his code problem and poping with the wrong alt. also had it happen when the previous owner of a TR had cut the wires from alt. and twisted them together with electrical tape. Don't know why he did it, but they corroded and car would run fine untill 3/4 throttle, when a higher load was on electrical system. Need full voltage for computer/ ign. to work right.

Scott

turned out to be a bad coil pack / module-

car would drive normal, but under a load would cause the code 41.
Odd, but runs great now
BW

Back