You can type here any text you want

code 51 but no ses light

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

norbs

Classic fast, XFI, SPortsman & MS3 programming
Took the car out for a small drive. 10 minutes into the drive code 51 on powerlogger, but no SES light how is this possible? ALso just before the code you can see the ecm go to 0 volts on all sensors. I have been fighting this for a while, can the ecm be bad or the power logger be bad? The SES box on the powerlogger never comes on either.

Attachments

As you know Norb, if the code 51 is detected by the ecm, not only will the SES flash (real fast) but the error code will be stored in RAM. The next time the engine is started, the code 51 will show in the stored trouble codes.

So what does this mean? If no SES flash and no code 51 on the next start then the ecm didn't detect a bad PROM. Now this probably doesn't help you much but without knowledge of the Power Logger program, this is all I can say.

Oh, and if the ecm thinks the PROM is bad then it resets everything which would be very noticeable while driving. You didn't say what the engine did when this happened (drastic change, just hiccup, no change, ??).

Dennis

Chasing a Code 51

Just went through the same ordeal. My car would have a brief hiccup, throw the code and then drive fine. It would store the code as well.

Check your wires powering the ECM, check the orange wire by the battery, clean off the prongs on the chip with a pencil eraser, see if the problem still happens with a known good ecm, if that doesnt work replace the chip. I contacted Eric at Turbo Tweak and he sent me a new chip right away, problem solved, super customer service with no questions asked.

Thanks for the response, yes the car would hiccup during the ecm reset. I have replaced the ecm , still the same thing, tried it with an emulator instead of a chip, and tried it with a chip I burned. Still does it. I could have an issue with tunerpro RT that it doesn;t like some files. I guess. I really don;t want it to hiccup at 30 psi + boost though...

Back