code 51. when will the issues ever end

snail power

What's up guys.. Last week I took my car to a reccomended shop to have my car checked out just to be on the safe side that everything is running smoothly, tech removed the puter just to verify i had the correct chip installed which is a lubrant street chip 93 octane for 42.5 lb injectors. When I had left his shop this past Monday I was nailing the car and suddenly got a code 51 on the scanmaster. THIS HAS NEVER popped up before on my car and now presently has become a freakin issue. I clean the pins off replugged everything back in unplugged orange wire in engine compartment put it back together started the car and GREAT no code reappeared. I was installing m exhaust today drove around bout 20 minutes then coming back hom when i parked the car and it idled for about 5 minutes the F@kin code 51 was back. What the hell happened to my car for taking it to a shop?!?!?!

Any help is appreciated.

Nick

Im thinking maybe the guy damaged the chip some how?Try a diff chip and see what happens.If that does not wk try another ecm,but i would try a diff chip first and make sure all the connections are ok.Good luck.

I agree with Humberto.....I have had this happen before even without the assistance of someone else.

Like I would be driving down the road and suddenly the ses light would start flickering rapidly and the car starts stumbling. It would stop just from gently pressing down on the chip. The problem creeps up only every so often, and then goes away. Propbably a loose wire or a bad pin in the chip.

I'm sure your problem is in the chip or ECM wiring.You'll figure it out....strange animals these cars are.
Chris

maybe thye tech did something with the chip or computer to cause it to display a code 51-- it sounds like your car is running fine so maybe you just have to disconnect the battery to clear the codes out of the system--this is just a thought in case you havent already done that