You can type here any text you want

codes

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87gnttop1

i turned the gn today and got 2 codes 1 was 22 and the other was 42 any ideas

thanks Eli

thanks but now i need to know how to fix it . i notice i have only 1 ground wire it goes from the battery to the engine could this be a problem.

thanks Eli

holy crap i do hear an electrecal noise could it be wires, im going to change the wires again i wanna see if that helps anyone that can give me a hand would be really appreciated

thanks eli

Hey Buddy you need to come down first and explain what do you mean by electrical noise ..?

Sorry for me being happy but this could fix my misfire/idling problem on the site that pajo posted it says that code 42 could be many problem and 1 says electrical noise and I've been hearing electrical noise its not coming from the wires cause I've changed them and same noise I even changed coil and control module idk wat else 2 do

You are hearing electrical noise ?:eek: Not unless you have supersonic hearing partner - the noise that the service manual is refering to is interferance or almost like the old am radios had noise or static interferance between stations if that makes it clear for you ..In your case I would back track what I have done last to the car before it started doing this .?Disconect the orange wire at battery for about a minute and then reconnect and see if the codes come back and report back here.:cool:

trust me im hearing something something its like an arc somewhere .
but since i got the car ive had this problem it wont idle and when it does the idle is really rough

the orange or the red from the battery.
i also have to add more grounds i notice it only has 1 from the batterry to the turbo shield

""the orange or the red from the battery i also have to add more grounds i notice it only has 1 from the batterry to the turbo shield ""
There is orange wire that connects to the main "red" power cable-wire at the battery that is your ecm power - just unplug it and after a minute plug it back in ..That should reset your computer or ecm..Where is your big ground(black) wire connected to .?The only thing that has enough ass or power to ark would be your main battery cable so you need to look at your starter and folow the main power(+) cable going to it .It is probably touching somewhere and it is bare if that is what you are hearing ..

Ok Now you are getting somewhere - code 22 - tps low reading code .You need to either get a scan tool or a volt meter to find where is the setting on the tps .Here is what you need to read and understand ..Adjusting the TPS

Back