You can type here any text you want

Coil-Overs on the Rear?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hot Air

E85 and S.E./Carolinas Moderator
Staff member
Anyone installed QA-1 coil-overs on the rear? Do you like them? Would you do it again? Pictures of the install?
Conrad
"Hot Air"
alphaenvirmgt@vnet.net

Skew,
Yes I did. Thank you so much for your help.
Conrad

Are you talking about a true coil over setup on the rear or using coil over springs rather than regular springs? If you're just asking about the springs, I replied with pics on your other thread, same subject. HTH, Scott

I have just put QA-1 double adjustable coilovers and an rj race cars anti-roll bar under my car,looks killer,cant wait to finish this thing to test it all out...L.O.L....:biggrin:

QWKSHT,
Did you reinforce the lower shock mount on your car? Can you send me some photos of the install? e-mail to "alphaenvirmgt@vnet.net". Where did you get the coilovers? Cost?
Hot Air

No,I am actually using coil over mounting brackets that are welded to my rear housing with adjustable mounting brackets on the bottom and the top mounts are actually on to a welded chromoly shock bar,tied in to the frame rails/cage.I wont be able to take any pics till sunday,working crazy hours....Ill post em up for ya sunday..Coilovers(qa-1 double adjustable)with lower mounting brackets was about $700.......Got em from .... dave at A&W performance,levittown,Pa.215-949-8786...

Sounds like one SERIOUS Buick! Sounds like you are doing it right. Looking forward to the pictures.
Conrad
"Hot Air"

Sounds like one SERIOUS Buick! Sounds like you are doing it right. Looking forward to the pictures.
Conrad
"Hot Air"

Just your average 9 second street car...:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Will post some pics of it sunday night....

Wasnt able to take the car out of the trailer today,damn rain,i will post em up within the next day or so.....

Hope this works,not too good at posting pics,and my camera sucks.....

Attachments

• dcp_0701.jpg
    dcp_0701.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 360
Holy crap..it worked..LOL...Heres another

Attachments

• dcp_0702.jpg
    dcp_0702.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 353
We did it on Brian Weaver's car. Turned out pretty nice.

Back