Cold Case Radiator Top Plate

ShaunKris.....did you use the sensor they provide or did you wire into fan plug and have the ecu kick them on and off??
It was recommended by their tech that I use the sensor so I did. They said my stock sensor wasn’t compatible.. nothing worked as they said it should have. I nearly overheated as a result as well. I’ve had a few second opinions on my work with many compliments, I’ve been told the relay is bad. But I haven’t tested it, not even sure how. So unless they gave me the wrong info (blue & white wire reversed), it probably is the relay.

It was recommended by their tech that I use the sensor so I did. They said my stock sensor wasn’t compatible.. nothing worked as they said it should have. I nearly overheated as a result as well. I’ve had a few second opinions on my work with many compliments, I’ve been told the relay is bad. But I haven’t tested it, not even sure how. So unless they gave me the wrong info (blue & white wire reversed), it probably is the relay.
I also cannot use my ECU to kick the fans on & off because I have a 1984 hot air car which does not have the connection provision that the 87 has on the wiring harness nor does my computer have that provision.

Looking to buy the rad, fans, and wiring just don’t want bullshit probs. Thanks
The problems are pretty minor, I would go as far as to say that they’re not even problems they’re just things that you Gotta do in order to make it work. I would wire the fans directly to the inside of the cab, could use the relay & you could also use a bypass on switch.

The problems are pretty minor, I would go as far as to say that they’re not even problems they’re just things that you Gotta do in order to make it work. I would wire the fans directly to the inside of the cab, could use the relay & you could also use a bypass on switch.
Sounds good man!! Appreciate the info. Gonna be installing rad and fans here soon.

Sounds good man!! Appreciate the info. Gonna be installing rad and fans here soon.
I'm thinking about ordering their dual fans/shroud kit for my GN CC radiator and was curious to know if the Casper relay kit/harness could be used in lieu of the Cold Case relay? Thanks

I'm thinking about ordering their dual fans/shroud kit for my GN CC radiator and was curious to know if the Casper relay kit/harness could be used in lieu of the Cold Case relay? Thanks
Pretty sure It can if you have the 86-87 wiring. I couldn’t plug n’ play with my 84.

Cold Case uses their own harness.

I use the Casper harness when I send out a rad with dual fans.

Hey guys... did anyone run into issues with the mounting bolts for the electric fan contacting the new radiator? The top fan bolts actually force into the top portion of the radiator and one of the bottom fan bolts don’t line up to a hole.
Thanks

Mine dropped right in my 87 GN. No cutting or bending. Fabbed bigger rubbers out of high temp silicone and t-bar.
Mine is a bitch, cut the top piece and trimmed the top bushings, still a pain getting everything to fit properly. How were your tranny lines at the back of the cooler fitting?

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Hey guys... did anyone run into issues with the mounting bolts for the electric fan contacting the new radiator? The top fan bolts actually force into the top portion of the radiator and one of the bottom fan bolts don’t line up to a hole.
Thanks
Never had that issue

[I had a bunch of pictures up before but they are all gone now since the site went ka-put.QUOTE="ShaunKris, post: 3896819, member: 56991"]
Fit good, but I bent my own for a custom fit.
[/QUOTE]

Seems like with a sensor that you know the temp it will switch at one might wire that up with the relay to turn the fan power on at that temp then when the temp gets lower the sensor with switch open again cutting the power to the fan. Am I missing something?
As far as testing a relay one might use a meter to determine if the relay is receiving power at its plug. Then jumping that power to the relay to see if the relay is switching .

Seems like with a sensor that you know the temp it will switch at one might wire that up with the relay to turn the fan power on at that temp then when the temp gets lower the sensor with switch open again cutting the power to the fan. Am I missing something?
As far as testing a relay one might use a meter to determine if the relay is receiving power at its plug. Then jumping that power to the relay to see if the relay is switching .
The ColdCase kit I used came with everything.
Dual fan, shroud, wiring kit, rad.

Mine is a bitch, cut the top piece and trimmed the top bushings, still a pain getting everything to fit properly. How were your tranny lines at the back of the cooler fitting?

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk
Couldn’t use them... had to improvise.