Color Change

SMOKE JENSEN

BIRD OF PREY
hi,
my first post. love this sight. well i purchased my TTA last year. it had 18,900 miles on it then. now has 22,356. fantastic car. but i hate the white. i am thinking about pulling all my badges off and painting it black. i have already changed to black gta rims. i don't plan on ever selling it. any thoughts good or bad?

If you paint it black it will destroy the value of the car. To do it COMPLETLY right you would have to take out the engine and trans, paint the engine bay inner fenders and underneath of hood, also the cowl area. Then you would have to take the doors completely off the car and paint the door jambs and the body jambs. Then you have to remove the glass hatch and do that jab, oh I forgot to mention you would need to take the nose, rear bumper cover and all the ground effects off and paint them seperate too. Then Reassemble the whole car. Also the TTA bird emblem in the back is white and the TTA emblem itself is white and they can't be PAINTED!?? During all this sanding dust and overspray will be getting over your MINT leather upholestery! Unless that is you remove it to. Basically you would be doing a full restoration to the car! I restored a vette and a 69 Camaro now and changed colors on those cars. This is what I had to do so everywere you looked it appeard as if that the new color was the original color. SO WHY EXACTLY do you want to destroy a 20000 mile car?????????????? If you want a black one sell yours , find a BLACK GTA, and put a nice stage II GN motor and 200 R4 in it and you'll have your black TTA. The GTA's came with all the same options, just the motor and trannys are different. My Suggestion is to let the white grow on you a while. I don 't know about anyone else on this site but I'd give my Left nut to have a low mileage orignal TTA like that!!!!!! By the way the cost of painting eveything like that would probably be over $6000 if it stopped there and if you could find a reputable Body / Restoration shop you TRUST to do it. :mad: :confused: :eek: And yes I do own a TTA and It is Staying White

Personally I wouldnt change the color....But HEY..Its your car...So if you really Dislike the white that much...Why not...Change it to black if thats what YOU LIKE.;) ;)

As it was already said,it is your car - but it will never look right again unless you totally dismantle the car

Steve

well guys, thanks for the feedback. mrtransam3 has scared me straight. now not only would i be scared somebody would screw up the job. i feel like i would be turning traitor to the TTA community. so she is staying white. thanks again. by the way,
i talked me a fellow in my area . his name is Wayne Haydock. i,ve read his name on this sight before. he will be helping me with preformance upgrades on my TTA & GN. seems to know alot about these turbo cars. I'm glad, because up until now. i coundn't find anybody who did in my area. he says he has a GN putting out 500hp. i can't wait to see it.:eek: