You can type here any text you want

Color?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Baron Von Buick

Big White Guy
i have a 1984 N/A regal that is in great shape but the paint is shot to hell, any unique (non silly) or "different" ways to paint it?
Any and all ideas appriciated, Please post em! Normal paint ideas also appriciated to (Blue, black etc...). And anyone live in or close New York,New York area willing to paint my car for a reasonable price?

Thanks again!:D

What color is the interior? I thought about doing mine in 2-tone with the stock color on top above the pin stripe (78 Dark Autumn Maple) and either Platinum or 2002 Ford Aztec Copper from there down. Would be pretty unique. Would definitely catch the eye.

The interior is brown (ick). i would love to change the interior but i think it would be just a waste of money. I was thinking how about the paint job from the DeLorean? No paint at all just clear coat the metal, i think that would be different.

Our Buicks came with crappy metal or some type of inferior rust protection, (if any), under the paint.

I don't think the Delorean thing and New York weather would last.
:(

This is what somebody else wrote in a different Buick forum
i don't know but that sounds horrible and worst part is someone else thought it was a great idea!
Is it just me or is that a "too involved" paint job?
I guess i was asking for it! hehe

Canary Yellow with black and white checkered racing stripes, and flames.

Well it definitely limits possibilities with the brown interior, but not still hopeless. Maybe a nice Metallic Root Beer Brown. Actually that Ford Aztec Copper would go with that also and definitely unique. How about a Champagne, maybe with a little pearl mixed in. Best thing I can suggest is to go to the local paint store and flip through their chip charts. Something will catch your attention. I have seen a T-Type with the emblems removed and then airbrushed on and clear coated over that. What ever you end up doing make it yours. Do something unique and do it because you want to, not because it is popular opinion. The only one that has to be happy with your car is you.

My 71 gs is painted metallic root beer brown with brown interior and it looks great. She can be dirty as all be and still shine.

Originally posted by Baron Von Buick
Canary Yellow with black and white checkered racing stripes, and flames.

Change it to Dodge Solar Yellow....If I ever repaint, thats what I'll use.

umm, not at the moment. I might be able to get a hold of a digital camera this weekend. If i can i'll post it. BTW in my opinion if you ever want to repaint it yellow. Paint it gsx saturn yellow :D

Back