You can type here any text you want

combination ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

pitch black

Just thought I'd get some input from some of the faster members. I am thinking about going with a gt47 turbo on the new combo but twins have also crossed my mind. My goals are at least 1000rwhp and an 8sec slip. I was wondering what everyone thought about spool up on single vs twins. I don't mind using nitrous to spool a single but wanted some feed back from someone that has done both. Thanks in advance.

pitch black said:
Just thought I'd get some input from some of the faster members. I am thinking about going with a gt47 turbo on the new combo but twins have also crossed my mind. My goals are at least 1000rwhp and an 8sec slip. I was wondering what everyone thought about spool up on single vs twins. I don't mind using nitrous to spool a single but wanted some feed back from someone that has done both. Thanks in advance.

Richie Kibler has had great luck with racing the GT-47 in Heads Up Racing.
You may also want to talk to Bill Anderson about their shop TSO Car
These turbos will make killer hp, at least 1500!
It is all about the converter and the tune up!!!!
You should not need N20 if you get this right.
Dan Strezo can get Neal Chance Converters and Bill Anderson is good with ATI Stuff. I have noticed that the Pro Torque Stuff is really good also.

I was going to do one of these on my car behind the grill with a liquid intercooler in the passeger seat. I ended up picking up a full stage motor with twin turbo kooks headers. I will probably run GT40 or 42s or maybe and x trim.

Yes those are great cars, and the GT47 is a great turbo. But since we have such small mills, maybe a pair of smaller twins at least gives more options on exh size and a/r, if you want a combo that will spool well natively w/o having to apply special tricks or techniques.

White Racing runs a twins setup on at least one of their race cars, and Art's ("Joy of 6" here) new race car has similar twins on it. So far it seems to spool pretty well natively IME. If you're looking for that aspect, you might consider something along those lines. But of course Bill A and others have shown that you can race quite well, thanks, even with a big single that might call for some sort of assistance getting up over the hump. But once it does, hang on...

I'm sure you have thought about all this as well. If your goal is 1000 rwhp and an 8 sec slip, I think a PT88 will do that quite well for ya... :)

TurboTR

Does anyone know the efficiency range of the GT47 turbo on our motors(in terms of psi). Also what have people been more impressed with on intercooling high hp motors air to air or air to water? Thinking of going air to air cooled with co2. Just fyi I don't have to fall into rules this is just an exercise in can I do it my way.

pitch black said:
Does anyone know the efficiency range of the GT47 turbo on our motors(in terms of psi). Also what have people been more impressed with on intercooling high hp motors air to air or air to water? Thinking of going air to air cooled with co2. Just fyi I don't have to fall into rules this is just an exercise in can I do it my way.

You can make an air to air work pretty well, at least well enough to offset the cost of the liquid. This is of course if you are not racing for money if may be worth the extra expense. The problem is that a big enough air to air is going to be pretty damn big. It also comes down to how much you want to work at the track. You can go through several bags of ice every day.

I'd do the liquid if it was me. However, people have hauled ass with an air to air,(Duttweiler: 7.29@180) just depends on the overall packaging and your combination. What kind of a chassis is your motor going into?

Big Stu said:
. What kind of a chassis is your motor going into?

Front stock location coil over, rear coil overs with stock location control arms and a few other ideas i haven't worked out yet. I am shooting for as close to a 60/40 weight distribution as possible. One of these days I have got to get up there and see your beast Stu.(We met in Vegas briefly while you were looking for Jack. I was under Denise's car fixing a u-joint. You may not remember.)

pitch black said:
Front stock location coil over, rear coil overs with stock location control arms and a few other ideas i haven't worked out yet. I am shooting for as close to a 60/40 weight distribution as possible. One of these days I have got to get up there and see your beast Stu.(We met in Vegas briefly while you were looking for Jack. I was under Denise's car fixing a u-joint. You may not remember.)

My stock suspension project has some competition.
Sounds like we should compare notes!!!

John are you using coil overs in the rear or stock spring? If your using coil overs I would love to discuss the placement on the rear with you.

Lyle

pitch black said:
John are you using coil overs in the rear or stock spring? If your using coil overs I would love to discuss the placement on the rear with you.

Lyle

Lyle,

As of now I will be using the stock spring in the back.
So far we have been 1.2X 60s with it and 8.0 @ 3450lbs with Chris's Car.
I do not have the budget or balls to go any faster than that so I will stay with the stock type set up.

Shoot me an email when you get a chance.

pitch black said:

Yes, I know who you are now... cool. By all means come on up, wait till the chassis work is done so the car won't looked all chopped up, which it is. :D Strange makes a really good coilover for the money, not sure if you have the parts yet or not. You going to be in vegas again this year?

As far as I know I'll be in Vegas. I Haven't ordered to many parts as I am still doing research on exactly what I'm going to buy. Have a plan just need to work out the details.

Back