You can type here any text you want

Commander Chip question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

HOOGENRAAD

I just finished installing 60# injectors and the commander chip from full throttle. Vehicle will not start with the commander chip. Do you have to program the chip or does it have any default settings. I will have to read the owners manual a little further. Just curious if anyone has had one of these chips?

HOOGENRAAD said:
I just finished installing 60# injectors and the commander chip from full throttle. Vehicle will not start with the commander chip. Do you have to program the chip or does it have any default settings. I will have to read the owners manual a little further. Just curious if anyone has had one of these chips?

Will it fire for a couple seconds and then die? If so, your anti theft feature many be engaged.

If it doesn't fire at all, did you plug the orange ECM power wire back in after the chip change?

The commander did not have the anti-theft feature. The fuel pump will not even prime. I put the stock chip in and vehicle fired up but was running very rich. Thanks for the ideas guys!

Got it figured out! Must have had a poor connection at chip to computer. Put the new chip back in and the car started and ran. Just got back from a test drive and have a new problem. On my scantool, the TPS voltage is at zero with the car running. I have a 5 volt reference on the grey wire. Car fell on its face with more than half throttle. May be the tps sensor, will have to look into it. Thanks!

Back