You can type here any text you want

Commander chip

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GSP

I've been looking at these for a while now, mainly because I wont need a MAF translater... So I'd like to hear from some people that run one or have run em'.... Do ya love it or hate it??

Thanks,
-Shawn

I run a Commander in my 87, simply because it still has a stock MAF.
Commanders have all the tuning adjustability of Extenders, just don't have the "extending" capabilities.
Great chip!

I see in you'r sig that you run tha transpro on the other car... which set-up do you like the best... I'll be running 60# injectors, lt1 maf, stock turbo, I just use the car for pleasure on the weekends...

I see in you'r sig that you run tha transpro on the other car... which set-up do you like the best... I'll be running 60# injectors, lt1 maf, stock turbo, I just use the car for pleasure on the weekends...

Your combo is a little mis matched running a stock turbo with the big 60's. You might want to consider moving up the turbo ladder a bit.

The main reason for the Translator Pro is to go mafless. If you're going to be running the LT1 MAF, then I would suggest the Translator GenII (you didn't mentions which translator you have/will have), and the Extender Extreme G chip to match.
The Commander chip is not the best choice for an upgraded maf like the lt1 or ls1 line.

Yea a bigger turbo will be alittle later down the road... So you would suggest I go with the extender, and the GenII???... That was the original plan but then I came across the commander and had to ask.....

I've run the commander chip for a few years now and really like it. Lots of adjustment for tuning and changing parameters is simple & only takes a few seconds.

John

I've run the commander chip for a few years now and really like it. Lots of adjustment for tuning and changing parameters is simple & only takes a few seconds.

John

+1 , I also have one of Eric's chip and that also works well.

I like the lean cruise option when I travel to Vermont

Back