You can type here any text you want

Comp. 210-215 Hyd. Roller Cam Question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

86 TR

Work In Progress
I am in the process of building another engine for my car. Ive purchased champion ported irons, champion ported stock intake, stock ratio 1.55 roller rockers and this 210-215 roller from Full Throttle.

Im going to be using a TE60 turbo w/ garrett .63 exhaust housing and a 3000 orange stripe converter. This is until I can afford a bigger turbo and converter. My question is will this setup be street friendly with the stock diameter converter? Or will it be a little laggy? I was going to go with the 206 roller but I figured I want to upgrade the turbo and converter down the road. I might have to run it a while like this until I can get the better, bigger go fast parts! Oh, I will be running 60lb. motrons too.

What do you guys think??? I hope it will be street friendly. I haven't put the cam in yet and I could return it for a different grind.

The best time to date with stock heads, and a 210-205 flat tappet are in my sig. running the same turbo, converter and intercooler I will be using again. I hope it runs similar to these times, hopefully better though!

IMO, it will be doggy on the bottom end with that big cam and 12" conveter. The turbo will be fine but, it takes a while for that cam to start making good power.

It should really scream when you get all of your upgardes done! :smile: :smile: :smile:

With your upgrades, thats an EASY 10.80's combo. We are building the same combo you have. one with stock ported iron heads and one with Champion aluminum heads! Right now, My Limited has a stock cam, heads, and bottom end and I run a TE.66 Turbo, #50's, Eastern Perf FMIC, SMC alky, Ebay headers, 3" DP, Leeo Thompson tranny, PI 3500 converter and I've tuned it to an 11.14 @ 120 so I know your combo will fly.

Jason

I have a TE60 with a 2800 12", 212/212, GN1 head, Champion intake and it breaks my MT DR loose at 17 psi.

You will be fine.

Slap it in and go to town. That cam works great and even if the convertor is a lil tight, that will only keep u from blowing up the tires from a stop. That cam is really not that big. I run it and love it. I do have a lil more convertor though.

i have personally tried a few roller cams ranging from 206/206 to 218 /218 and could not tell a difference between any of them. i think we are splitting hairs here.

Back