You can type here any text you want

comp rollers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87action

A work in progress
I thought I read somewhere that comp cams can rebuild their roller lifters? Anyone do this, trying to not buy another set right now. Looks like wheels and needle bearings would need replacement

I dont see how this would be cost effective. They arent easily disassembled. If your rollers/bearings are worn out you likely have a valve float problem. Ive got about 40k miles on a set of the noisey 853 lifters and they are in good condition.

rebuild

I thought I read somewhere that comp cams can rebuild their roller lifters? Anyone do this, trying to not buy another set right now. Looks like wheels and needle bearings would need replacement

They have a rebuild program, but not for the Hyd. rollers. I ask once. The tie bars are not removable.

comp roller lifters

Thanks , I'll give comp a call and see about the wheels. Looks like you would just drive or press out the retaining pin and remove the wheel and needle bearings. Plunger and lifter bodies seem ok

I'd throw those junk Comp Cam lifters in the garbage and buy the Morels. I had just about everything that could go wrong with a lifter go wrong with those damn things. Fought them for 5 plus years. Been using Morels in several engines here and NO !! problems. And they are even cheaper than the Comps.!!!

I'd throw those junk Comp Cam lifters in the garbage and buy the Morels. I had just about everything that could go wrong with a lifter go wrong with those damn things. Fought them for 5 plus years. Been using Morels in several engines here and NO !! problems. And they are even cheaper than the Comps.!!!

X1000

Mike Barnard

The Comps are junk. I had one lifter in my 396 LT1 break the retaining clip off the top. Many guys on the F-Body message boards have had similar issues. Comp give you the runaround about using too little or too much lash. I ended up pulling them out and switched over to the Morels. The quality is WAY better on the Morels, from fit, to finish. My valve train got quiet after switching to them, almost dead silent. The Comps sounded like a sewing machine no matter how I adjusted them.

Nick

Comp 885 lifters are the ones I've never had a problem with. That's all I use in my own stuff. I have a good set of 853's in my blue car but only use 885's in everything hyd now.

Back