You can type here any text you want

Competition Engineering Shocks

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

samandw

Anyone run the Competition Engineering Adjustable Shocks?

CE Shocks

I'm sure they work fine for the 1/4, but would they be drivable on the street?

I've never run the CE shocks, but I have run Doeshtech 90/10s on my old daily driver White Limited. No front sway bar, factory rear sway bar, SSM lower rear bars, stock upper rear bars, dual air bags. When I would drive the car on the street, I would typically keep the rear air bags bumped up to 15psi. The sway was very minimal and under normal driving conditions the front end would behave rather nicely. It definitely takes some getting used too as the car does not feel as tight as it does with stock style shocks and the sway bar intact. But, once you drive the car for awhile you will get used to it, unless you are used to taking hwy entrance on and off ramps like Dario Franchitti coming out of the pits. :eek:

040612_3_l.jpg

That would not be advised with 90/10s and no front sway bar.
HTH

Patrick

unless you are used to taking hwy entrance on and off ramps like Dario Franchitti coming out of the pits. :eek:
Patrick

Yeah, that could be a problem;) . . .I'm just wondering if you set them at 50/50 (r) and 60/40 (f) if it would handle near stock. I'll be keeping the stock 1.25" (?) front sway-bar on the car at all times.

The 50/50 setting should be almost dead on for stock.
Honestly, unless you disconnect one of the end links from the front sway bar or remove it, you will not realize the benefits of using 90/10 front shocks. The sway bar kills weight transfer so much. I recently tested this theory just 2 weeks ago running my car. No suspension mods what so ever, the only thing we did was to disconnect the drivers side front sway bar end link and boy did she weight transfer. With it connected the car would barely weight transfer. 1.76 60ft was the best that day. Which was surprising.
HTH

Patrick

I have them front and back...80/20 in front...50/50 in rear...no front sway bar...HRParts bar in back...I drive it on the street all the time...only problem is going around a big curve at high rate of speed...freeway curve at 70 MPH it's a little loose...other than that it's fine...

Back