Complete GN engine, Diamond Pistons, project, local Michigan sale only.

Fryguy

10 Second Club
I purchased a 50k original mile 87 Grand National engine that had a knock, but was complete including valve covers, oil pan, etc. I dropped it off at the machine shop, where it was completely disassembled. The original crank needs to either be re-ground or replaced. We were going to build the engine for more power, so we were going to use a stock stroke 4340 crank. We purchased a brand new set of Diamond racing pistons (.020 over) with pins and rings.

At this point we've changed directions and are going with an LS engine. I'd like to sell this complete GN engine (disassembled) and the brand new in box Diamond pistons. I have at least $2000 into this stuff but will let it all go for $1200 obo or trade for ?. It's currently at the machine shop in Goodrich, MI. Local sale only, will not ship.

Please pm with trade offers. Pics posted soon.

May separate, $500 firm for pistons/rings/pins and $800 firm for engine. This is a great way to build a nice engine for your GN but save your original so that you can easily make your car "all original" again in case you ever want to.

hi fry guy, picked up motor in boxes at machine shop but noticed alot of parts are missing, called dave he said he would look they must be in another box, he said he through out pistons also, thinking you were boring, was dissapointed cause i want to reuse them since they were lo mile, give me a call please, and i left the money with dave like u said ..seems like a good machinist and good guy, rob

hi fry guy, picked up motor in boxes at machine shop but noticed alot of parts are missing, called dave he said he would look they must be in another box, he said he through out pistons also, thinking you were boring, was dissapointed cause i want to reuse them since they were lo mile, give me a call please, and i left the money with dave like u said ..seems like a good machinist and good guy, rob

Rob-

I'm not sure why you would make this post instead of PM or calling me. You have my number. I also don't understand how you can pick up a completely disassembled engine from a machine shop, take a ton of time, ask the guy 1000 questions, bring it home, and still have issues. Dave mentioned you were looking for an alternator and fuel rails???

My suggestion is to bring ALL the parts back, I will meet you myself, and I will give you all your money back. Bring ALL the parts back, I will give you ALL your money back.

Thanks.
-Raj

This is back up for sale, and the engine is missing the following:

Stock cam & lifters
Stock pistons
Stock crank

Basically everything you'd replace when building the engine for more power.

Edit to the above: The cam has been found, and is available, the lifters are not.

Also, the block has been baked/blasted/magged/all plugs and cam bearings removed. And it is bagged and oiled up ready for machine work.

Brand new set of 6 RC SL4-440 injectors (good for turbo buick), $300obo

Brand new, never used Kirban fiberglass front bumper for GN or other Regal, 81-87, paid $185 plus shipping, $125 obo or trade

Pics coming soon.

Number sent. Compression is listed as 8.6-9.4 depending on the cylinder head. These are coated pistons also, with heavy duty pins.