You can type here any text you want

complete stage 2 price

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bigjay310

I need to know what's the going price to build a stage 2 4.1 including purchasing the engine from start to finish with trans and rear work and with out trans and rear work

Champion or stage II heads? Give or take a little on how it's built, you will probably have around 16k with trans and rear work.

I can't see it being built complete without trans and rear for less than 13k, and you will need to get some deals to do it for that. Complete in the sense of headers and 1 turbo.

It aint cheap.

the complete block came out of a stock car with the big heads,im talking about abuilt engine with t88 turbo double fuel pump the whole 9 yards to get the car in the high 8's low 9's

I agree with Ted a. I am into mine already 7k and we did not even make to the machine shop.

You need to be a little more specific on what you plan to do.I can honestly say if you are talking about, buying a Busch engine using stage2 heads, converting it to use in a turbo application, rebuilding the entire engine, converting the manifold to fuel injection, throttle body, headers,PT88, Speed Pro system,injectors, tons of fabrication, complete fuel system to support the engine and making it fit retaining the acessories as most buick guys do.
If you were drive a basically stock car into a shop and say "This is what I want".The whole 9 yards Engine,TH400 trans, 9"rear,Fuel system, TURN KEY would probably run at least 35-40 large.

Hey Bill,

Sorry i missed your call today. I will drop you a line tomorrow. 30-40K Don't get any ideas. :eek:

Here's mine...not counting the car

Stage II costs

Busch North long block……………………………………...$2800
Cam, pistons, rebuild, assembly, front cover,dut oil sys….…$5500
SFI flywheel & balancer-new…………………………..……$600
Sheetmetal intake w/ injectors-used………………………….$1800
*Headers-new………………………………………………….$1000
Turbo 400 w/convertor and all safety shields-used…………...$1500
Ford 9” all options-used………………………………..……..$2400
Speed pro B to B fuel mgmt-new……………………………..$2000
Aluminum driveshaft -used…………………………………...$300
Oil pan-new……………………………………………………$500
*Fuel system, pump,lines,cell…………………………………..$1200
80..bb.turbo……………………………………………………..$2600
cottons intercooler……………………………………………...$1000
cold air kit………………………………………………………$300
*3-1/2 downpipe………………………………………………….$500
*3-1/2 single shot exhaust……………..…………………………$500
wolfe double suspension kit……………………………………..$1000
wheels and tires, front and rear used……………………………$900
*Baer front brakes………………………………………………..$1300
Roll cage 10pt……………………………………..……………$1500
*Glass parts, hood,deck,bumpers (unpainted)…………………...$1000
Shifter………………………………………………...…………$200
*Racing seats, covers, mounting hardware………………………$300
*Innovative boost controller……………………………………...$500
Assorted gauges, monster tach………………………………….$400

TOTAL…………………………………$31,600

Now add a trailer, a truck to tow said trailer, add around $3k if you wanna run GN1R heads, and add labor.

The off-center GN-1 headed motor that's going in my race car just the engine with a lower intake manifold matchported, timing cover installed, Balancer, and SFI flexplate will be costing me about 12k. Basically, from there I'm bolting up all the stuff from my stock block. I just can't imagine getting it done for much cheaper than that. I searched high and low for deals on quality parts to get it done at this price. I NEVER thought I would end up at this $$ but it seems I am getting off light. :)

You would be better off buying a car done like GNSCOTT said in a thread before.

Ted

GNSCOTT: Yea, I just ordered a new GMC Duramax truck and bought a 20' enclosed trailer this spring. I guess the car was the cheap part:)

I know..i just bought a 24' enclosed and an 02 dodge diesel...me and my Dad test drove a duramax, and man are they smoooooth.

MY opinion:
Busch engine $6K
Rebuild Bush engine including pistons and cam $3500
headers including Dpipe$1300
convert manifold to fuel inj including throttle body regulator and inj $1300
custom alum. race pan $500
88 Turbo $1800
Dut oil pump $350
Oil system lines and fittings $300
R&R engine $600
Modify heater box for S2 heads and solid mounts $300
heater core $130
Fuel System $1000
Speed Pro BtoB including inj and MAP $2500
Convertor (using 200r4 already in place) and converting trans to non-lock $1000.
4" air filter and plumbing $100
Warter pump $30
clean and paint all parts $100
Misc custom fabrication to fit engine and all parts????????????????/
End result....it costs a bunch!

A whole bunch I forgot I'm sure.....anyone think this is out of line?
Bill

stage 2

what's the difference between an on center and an off center? My stage 2 including the engine stroked with solid cam roller lifters fuel management with big injectors t 88 turbo extra fuel pump external oil pump all the lines needed throttle body intake all custom fabrications non lockup converter aded. I spent about 21'000. speaking of converter I will be selling my rebuilt 200r with hardend shaft shift kit and a new non lockup stall converter what's a good price?

I know this is not the place for a for sale ad. But my friend has a Stage 2, Stage 2 headed motor for sale. It`s a 3.8, 3.4 stroke motor.It only has 50 miles on it. All parts are either Buick Motorsports or top of the line high quality. It is complete from t-b to pan. No injectors or turbo. It has a Precision solid roller 236 cam.
He is hoping to get $13,000 including headers. This was to much motor for his mint 20,000 mile car. He has tons of receipts.
Thanks,
Brian
We are located in Michigan

Well, here we go...flame suit on!

I totaled up Bill's list: $20,810 and counting. And having Bill do it for ya' is no doubt worth every penny.

But here's an alternative scenario. First let's recognize the value of "buying in bulk" and selling the excess to offset your costs, buying at a discount, doing a lot of your own work, and living with used, serviceable parts.

1. Start with scoring a new 4.1 Off-center for $720. Don't tell me it can't be done: I did it on Ebay in September 1999.

2. Then hunt, hunt, hunt for internals (rods, crank, etc.) and score an 800-pound pallet of ASA stuff (including one 4.1 on-center block that needs one sleeve) for $3,000. Hint: You won't find the deals by placing a "parts wanted" ad on TB.com!

3. Sell a bunch of the stuff you don't need (like the off-center block). Trade for what you do need. You can essentially start with a "free" long block, then spend the following money:
ATR S2 Headers $925
ATR 3-in DP $300
ATR wastegate $300
ATR heater box kit $100
Modify Intake $400
72-96 lb. Injectors $360
Lines and fittings $400
Fuel pumps (Walbro’s) $280
Machine shop $600
Rings $200
Valves (Ferrea) $300
Roller cam setup $700 (incl lifters, timing set)
Gaskets $125
Water pump $ 45
Front Cover $ 75
Dutt Oil pump $350
MAF Trans $179
3.5 MAF $150
Mod ECM $125
Misc. $200 est.
Subtotal $6114

Turbo (T76-88) $1500 est. Running out of space, but you get the idea. It can be done. Ask Geno or Neal, too.

Continued....

The above assumes you've been at this a while, and already have your trans upgraded with a 9-inch converter, a decent front-mount intercooler, good exhaust, etc. If not, then add those costs. Also, figure on $3500 for a used block, crank, and rods, plus a good $500 for pistons if you're starting from scratch. You may get them cheaper if you're at the right place / right time. Again, have your wallet loaded, and be ready to strike.

If you're starting with a bone-stock car, want to drop-it-off- Monday-pick-it-up-Friday and keep your hands clean, and simply must have all new parts, then you'll be calling someone like Bill and paying his price. If you have the means, it's a great way to fly.

If you're willing to scrounge, do a lot of the work, and you're patient, you can do this for a reasonable (!) amount.

I stand ready to reply graciously and calmly. :D :D :D

i think alot depends on what you wanna run, weight of car,and how much breakage you are willing to accept. Of course breakage is no guarentee, but you can minimize the chances.

Back