Component Speakers

sholdwick

What componet speakers would you recommend for installation in the door pods of a concert sound stereo system? By component I mean mids and separate tweeters. I currently will be powering them with a 25x4 watt MTX amp, but intend to upgrade to a 50x4 eventualy. I have looked at Diamond Audio, MB Quart, Infinity, JL Audio and I am undecided. I was wondering who has experienced what.

Personally, off your list, I like the diamonds (hex series)...Quart tweeters hurt my head (although the mid is nice). JLs are supposedly decent but I have never heard them

Alpine has some nice component sets as well (the upper ones)

It really depends on your budget. There's alot of great sets out but they can get pricey

Dynaudio
Phoenix gold (ti elite)
Morel
ADS (one of my favs as well)
etc...

Let your ears decide.

HEY - your box is full. So here's your reply to your PM:

I installed professionally for 15 years in a custom shop - I got out of it about 5 years ago...I still do it for a hobby though.

The box on my pic site is a hacked together pice that I built to mainly see what I could fit. I have since built a "nice" one using it as the template...no real pics of that one though. I did end up firing it backwards...better response.

The 10W6v2 is a good choice. You might think about a 12 though, you can never have to much cone space and the box won't have to be much bigger. I run an Elemental designs 12 O44...very similar to the JL but Alot less money.
I'm not a fan of rear speakers, they never made much sense to me. I run only fronts with a sub.

For sub amp, find a MMats amp in the power/impedence you want. They are excellent but can found fairly cheap on ebay & the stereo boards. I run a 500.2on my sub.

Let me know if you need anything else - happy to help. Just e-mail me direct zam 70 400 @ yahoo . com (remove spaces)